skunk2 rear lower tie bar

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

Hey guys...I got an awesome deal on a skunk2 rear lower tie bar...I got it for 30 bucks...But he didn't give me any hardwear or even tell me if I need longer bolts or not...Can someone please give me another hand here? And does anyone notice a difference with the skunk2 tie bars? Becuase im thinking about gettting all of them...

Thanks guys,

Koby

Well, this morning I went out to my car to see if that bars evens close to fitting...its like 2 inches short...Am I not getting where it bolts on to? I thought that It goes where the lower control arm bolts are...Or does it go above it? Please someone help me!!!!!!!!

Koby

Usually on one side of the bar, the mount is threaded so that you can adjust to make the bar longer or shorter (At least thats what it's like with my DC tie). In case of a used one, it might be locked up with rust or dirt, just use some WD40 to get it to move. The stock bolts at the top of the LCA are plenty long. Remove your two bolts for your contol arms, place the bar with mounting holes lined up, and just bolt it in. Very easy.

An example:
http://www.mx-3.com/people/jeffa/jeffa-tiebar2.jpg

No...there both free moving...I can unscrew both ends so only like 1 or 2 threads are in the bar and still not reaching....I dont know what to do? Longer heim joints??? Thanks guyss...

I have a feeling that the bar you're using is the wrong one. Are you absolutely positive that your Skunk2 bar is for an EG? I've never heard of one being so short....

i just took a tape to the lower control arm bolts and its like 26 3/4"....now my bar maxed out is 23 inches...somethings F'd up somewhere...damn....

Hondatuner88 said:
i just took a tape to the lower control arm bolts and its like 26 3/4"....now my bar maxed out is 23 inches...somethings F'd up somewhere...damn....

By the way do you know which car is the tie bar made for.

sounds like the wrong part.

there is no hardware. you simply slide it under the LCA bolt and re-install the oem bolt.

Back