Skunk2 TB Vacuum Lines

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

VTECPOWER

I have installed my 68mm skunk2 throttle body on my 1st gen b16, and the skunk2 TB only has one port for a vacuum line, which goes to something on the fire wall, there is a red line that came from a black canister and went to the front of the throttle body, there is no where to put this on the skunk2 throttle body, anyone know where it goes or what i can do?

Anyone? Trying to get this car to idle right, i can get it to idle low, but runs rich, or i can get it to idle at about 1300 rpms and run with the correct fuel mixture.

I have it T'd off, but it idles high, like 1500 rpms, and I cant seen to get it to drop down.
And the thing on the firewall is one of my MAP? sensor things. Something like that.

yeah your map is on the firewall, im assuming you have an older civic, the red line goes tot he canister, it doesnt need to be hooked up for it to idle, as long as all the vacuum ports on the intake are covered then that isnt your reason for idling high. not sure exactly why its idling high but id have to guess it would have something to do with the fact that youve opened up the intake to flow more air now, i wonder if the opening for the idle air control in the skunk 2 throttle body is a different size...

The red line came from the canister and went to one of the ports on the stock throttle body, which went to one of the "cut outs" (ports) on the throttle body, the stock throttle body had 2 ports, the skunk2 has 1.

Nevermind with this shit, my stock TB has 2 vacuum ports, a red line from the charcoal canister, and another from the map sensor, and the skunk2 only has one, for the map sensor. Completely gay.
I'm not fucking around with this anymore, ive fucked with it about 4 times taking it off and putting stock back on.

EDIT: But thanks to ripperbone, he helped me get my vacuum lines straight, i had them close b4, but not quite.
Thanks mang!

Figured out how to put on the skunk2 throttle body on a obd0 car, you have to buy a map sensor off of a obd1 car to mount it to the bottom of the throttle body, and extend the wires. :laugh:
I talked to a guy lastnight about it, and he told me that, then I looken on ebay for a map sensor, and i was like, damn, that guy was right.
By the way, the dude I talked to does tuning around here for pretty much every car, especially honda's, and he has a eg hatch that runs 10.7 on slicks. :worthy:

Back