skunk2 valvesprings

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

misbah

hey ppls im confused, from the skunk2 website..

"...The B-series and H-series are sold in a complete set of inner and outer valve springs, whereas the D-series are sold in a set of 16 single springs."

Im confused about the whole inner/outer valvespring thing, i thought there were simply 16 single valve springs in a d16 block. Am i correct, or are they selling me half a set? whats goin on here...

Nooo....

B series Inner and outer as in dual springs....

D series Outers only.... Not dual springs cause it's not necessary.

ok, thanx for the info.

being that as it is..can anyone explain the massive price diff. between the skunk2 springs n the crower? im using a crower cam but skunk2 valves n Ti retainers. I wanted to stick with an all skunk2 valvetrain, i have a thing for keeping it all one brand..but skunk2's 282.00 price tag is pushing me towards the 152.00 crower springs. unless someone can justify the price. they better fuckin cook for me and wipe my ass if im gonna shell out an extra 130..

It's marketing if u ask me; Crower has been around for a while now, but only cater to mostly domestic vehicle and barely trying to get in on the import scene. Skunk2 barely got their ears wet but their main focus is imports. Speaking from a business point of view, Crower is trying to buy customers and once they're in it fully with the imports, watch them price starts to skyrocket. My opinion, if you're using Crower cams, go with the Crower's valve train components, especially when it's half the price. Their engineers tests their products to work well only with their setups. You're right, try keeping your setup with the same brands when budget allows though. My .02

the crower stuff is still top notch...all crower would be just as good as all skunk2......not sure but crower probably has more years of racing under it's belt and I trust them fully

I agree Crower is good stuff. I do seem to remember selling skunk2's for like 189.99 though. Maybe I'm wrong. It's been a while.

Back