skunk2 Vs Crower

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

vpSPOONsol

im plannin to build my head with either all skunk2 or crower parts....crowers cheaper, but which one has more gains. this is a for a b16a2 btw...

I don't know about more gains but I've heard of a few stories of crowers cam shafts snapping in 2. My friend had some in his turbo b16 and he said one of the cams snapped into 2 pieces on him. I also read a post off of clubsi I think it was, where someone ordered a pair of crower camshafts and when they received them, one of the cams broke in 2 also. I don't know what caused my friends cams to snap or the one from the story I read on clubsi, but I can only assume it would take a lot of force to snap a camshaft.

It must have been a mfg snafu. Camshafts don't even take that much stress! A bit of torsion when the motor is accelerating, but they're mostly just along for the ride. I think Skunk2 stage2s have the best gains for an all motor application, and their off vtec lobes are near stock, so they will not affect emissions. I haven't heard too much about the crower vtec shafts, only the ls shafts. I would think someone like TODA or Jun would be a better comparison to the skunk2s.

I've seen 3 sets of snapped crower 404's in the last 2 months. worries me a little.

I have heard alot of bad shit about there VTEC cams, but in b18b's, I haven't heard any complaints.

Back