Skyrim

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haha nice.

still level 12. getting my skills up slowly by completing silly quests and whatnot. i've basically stolen anything of value in the entire whiterun village and sold it to belthasor :) i mean everything... even if it worth 1 .

Put in some time on Saturday. Ive got legendary dragonbone armor now. Im holding off on daidric armor until i get my alchamy and enchanting up. Trying to decide if im going to go Imperial or join the Stormcloaks. My toon is a Nord so im a bit torn.

i think you can do all of them. kristen is an imperial, and a bard, and something else.

The stromcloaks/imperial stuff is one or the other. can't do both.

Hard to be on one side and bring down the other then go to the other side and bring down the other.

Same for the guilds, you can either do the quest, or shut them down.

I've been playing this game a bit too much on PS3. After a while I decided I wanted to see what everything was when it was maxed. Found a cheat for right after you get the oblivion scroll from the NE of the map, after questing for some dude. Gave me a book that I can put on a shelf and take it off and do some other crap and it reappears on the shelf after it gives you skill ups. Got to lvl 81 1/2 and every skill tree is at 100...

Really cool what all the different skills offer. It's still fun to play with the maxed character but I started a new one and am doing melee and Imperial side this time. Stormcloak and magic with the maxed character.

full legendary glass armor(not yet enchanted) and legendary weapons now. I made dragon armor as well but i didn't go heavy armor route so Lydia my housecarl wears it lol. Dragons are getting easy to kill, At one point I had Delphine, Esbern and Lydia all following me to Skyhaven temple and a dragon appeared took about 5 minutes to kill him. It's obviously a lot more helpful to have a traveling buddy :) You can also hire people to fight with you, there is a guy at black bee in Riften who is a mage that you can hire for $500 gold, and there is another guy i forget which town but he asks to to fight and when you beat him he will owe you and will fight for you as well.

I like the trade skills in this game. I remember playing Everquest it would take months and months to ever get to 100 smiting and the materials were also extremely rare and $$$$$$.

Last edited:
I cant wait to get this. Gotta wait until christmas though. I have played all the previous versions and have really enjoyed them. I have actually been replaying morrowind on pc.

I've been playing this game a bit too much on PS3. After a while I decided I wanted to see what everything was when it was maxed. Found a cheat for right after you get the oblivion scroll from the NE of the map, after questing for some dude. Gave me a book that I can put on a shelf and take it off and do some other crap and it reappears on the shelf after it gives you skill ups. Got to lvl 81 1/2 and every skill tree is at 100...

Really cool what all the different skills offer. It's still fun to play with the maxed character but I started a new one and am doing melee and Imperial side this time. Stormcloak and magic with the maxed character.

Have you had any problems with the game getting laggy? I've been wanting to get this, but I'm hearing reports that the PS3 version has some problems aside from the expected glitches and bugs. Like once your save file reaches a certain size, the game has performance issues. Supposedly they're working on it, but who knows. The 1.2 patch was supposed to fix it, but apparently lots of people are still having issues...

mine is terribad on the 360. i swear everytime my wife comes out while im playing im on a loading screen. makes me realize that i really am loading quite a lot.

i copied the disc to the HDD, and i'm running the 250gb slim.

With any luck ill post results this evening. Once i do the dashboard update and such.

Have you had any problems with the game getting laggy? I've been wanting to get this, but I'm hearing reports that the PS3 version has some problems aside from the expected glitches and bugs. Like once your save file reaches a certain size, the game has performance issues. Supposedly they're working on it, but who knows. The 1.2 patch was supposed to fix it, but apparently lots of people are still having issues...

Yeah it gets laggy. My girl and I play. She has a PS3 Slim and I have a 80G backwards compatible PS3. Our save sizes seem to be about the same, but she has a lot more issues than I do. Mine gets laggy here and there. Hers gets laggy all the time. Today it froze twice on her and she lost a little progress. The last patch didn't seem to do much. It supposedly stopped the error when a dragon soul wouldn't absorb in to the character, but that has happened twice to her already. I had one instance when a dragon was all glitchy across the screen...was flying backwards and wouldn't allow me to fight it at all.

I expect this...especially with Bethesda. Seems like all their games come out a bit buggy, but they always seem to be on top of things and patch as quickly as they can.

Yeah it gets laggy. My girl and I play. She has a PS3 Slim and I have a 80G backwards compatible PS3. Our save sizes seem to be about the same, but she has a lot more issues than I do. Mine gets laggy here and there. Hers gets laggy all the time. Today it froze twice on her and she lost a little progress. The last patch didn't seem to do much. It supposedly stopped the error when a dragon soul wouldn't absorb in to the character, but that has happened twice to her already. I had one instance when a dragon was all glitchy across the screen...was flying backwards and wouldn't allow me to fight it at all.

I expect this...especially with Bethesda. Seems like all their games come out a bit buggy, but they always seem to be on top of things and patch as quickly as they can.

Yeah, the backwards dragon and the dragon soul issue are just typical Bethesda glitches. Their games are always buggy like that. Those glitches are effecting every version though. The lagging with a large save file though seems to be a PS3 only issue, and it might actually be a problem with the system itself, seeing as the PS3 uses divided memory instead of unified memory like the 360.

Bethesda still seems to think they can do something about it though, but I'm going to wait and see before I buy the game...

I know in Oblivion if you drop items on the ground too often your savegame would bloat and corrupt itself.

The solution? Always put the items you are going to drop on a corpse, that way the items go away when the corpse despawns.

I know in Oblivion if you drop items on the ground too often your savegame would bloat and corrupt itself.

The solution? Always put the items you are going to drop on a corpse, that way the items go away when the corpse despawns.

I do that anyway because I don't like kicking shit all over dungeons ha ha but that is a good point.

I installed Skyrim on my 360 and it doesn't really feel like load times improved all that much but I didn't put a clock to it.

lvl 37 now, with the help of a full set of cheap Smith enhancing gear which gives me i think 47% increase and a smith postion that gave me 30% i have nasty set of full legendary glass armor enchanted with 1hs and archery perks, a glass bow of depletion with 169 base dmg and 40 magic(found it in a dungeon and upraded it with refined malachite) I can't remember the armor ratings for all teh gear but the glass top is 94armor. Also have two glass swords from dungeons with 25 fire dmg with 74 base dmg on them after upfrading them at the grind stone.

I travel around with Marcius( i think is his name) from Riften(Lydia died) awesome Mage to have your back. Pay him 500 gold and you have him till he dies. With huge supply Ebony and glass arrows(thanks to a little trick pickpocketing guards practicing with arrows in solitude) Dragons are not a problem anymore. Also have the Rose staff that summons a Dremora which i keep charged at all times.

I'm going to try to get my enchanting up to where you can enchant an item with 2 enchanments.

My plan is to make iron daggers and enchant them with petty sould gems and sell em, that should get my enchant up fast so i can double ench a new set of armor and weapons.

Thank god for fast travel and a sidekick to hold all my shit lol

Last edited:
Back