Slammed's RANT!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
So, 2 weeks ago, I unfortunately rear-ended some lady. My fault, I did a head check to merge, looked forward, everyone was stopped, I hit my front right corner on her rear left bumper. Didn't do too much to hers, just a scuff, I on the other hand pretty much totaled my car. My frame was massively bent, my hood pins snapped, and my carbon fiber hood was cracked on the corner, my headlight housing was pushed in about 6 inches, and was wrapped around my intake. I didn't take pictures, I was angry. My fault, I acknowledge that.

So I went out and got it fixed from a acquaintance. He fixes cars all the time, no biggy to him right? He replaced the core support, hood, fender, headlight, and the corner light. EVerything was legit, I didn't have him paint it besides the core support because this wasn't my money. I borrowed 800 for this all to be done and at a different shop it would have been damn near 3k.

Upon picking it up, everything looked good, gaps were perfect, etc. The hood was being held down by a bungee cord. Before I didn't have a hood latch assembly, so I had hood pins, but on this hood I didn't have hood pins so he just thought a bungee cord could work until I got a hood latch assembly.

I had driven the car a total of 52 miles since I got it back fixed. I was driving around doing errands today, and I was going down one of the local high ways that I already was on for about 15 minutes of my driving and yes, the hood snapped up. The bungee cord end snapped off. I played it cool, pulled off the highway, no biggy.

THe windshield is spidered everywhere. No square inche that doesn't have atleast 5 cracks in it. THe top is dented a decent amount with about 4 3 inch ripples before the sun roof, and the sun roof is shattered. The hood is bent to where it would wrap around the top.

Hopefully with all this information the guy that fixed my body better fix this mess up. I'm extremely frustrated and yeah put about 2-3 fist sized dents in the hood.

I got it home fine, I already had a bungee cord spider thing that i used when I got in the accident above to hold the hood down, so I used that to hold this down.

I drove around on differnt local high ways at about 50-65 and nothing happened but it did all of a sudden after the cord snapped so it was definetly shut.

Do you think its his fault for this mis hap since he used a old shitty bungee cord and didn't replace the latch assembly on the light bar?

[/RANT]

its ur own fault...u no your hood was held down by a bungee cord...its not like he didnt tell you....so y would u drive it on a highway like that? :bash:

I don't think it's his fault, you did agree to take the car the way he gave it to you...

'It should work' is very different than 'I guarantee in writing this will work and will pay for any repairs if it dosen't'

:werd: :withstupid:
yup, you didn't have to drive it if you felt that it wouldn't have held, he told you, you did it anyhow, your loss

EDIT: kinda changed up on me there, but it still doesn't matter if he thought it would work or not...You saw it, you didn't tie it down better, or not drive it....you drove it, there for you broke it....common sense..IMO

It's ultimately the owner of the cars' responsibility to make sure his car is in good working, street legal condition.

But I'm trying to figure out why the guy that did the work would let the car leave the shop with a bungee cord holding the hood down? <_<

This is what I was told.

You didn't have a hood latch assembly, and I didn't get one with the core support. You should in the future buy one. This will work for now, and I proceeded to watch him use a bungee cord to hold it down.

In America it's in vogue to blame everyone else for one's fuckups. No responsibility.

You know bungie cords dont hold for shit, ever notice ppl go SLOW on the highway with shit in their trucks when its bungied down? ..

Dunno who to blame, i personally wouldnt have let it leave his shop till done right.

dude, thats your fault.

why didnt you use the hood latch off the other hood? was it that badly damaged?

Well yeah, if there was a hood latch, it too would have been slammed to hell, so a new one was needed. He was given money he said he needed to fix it right. So I don't know if I'm beating a dead horse, besides me fucking up in the beginning, and yeah this just is a kicker I swear.

Just another sign to get rid of this car.

Now to fix this I'm guessing atleast another 700 and I need to paint the car still, etc. Damn I'm uber fucked if he isn't the person I would think he was.

But I think you are all missing the point. He put a faulty bungee cord on it to hold and said it would, wouldn't that make him at fault?

I feel stupid now to have let it leave his shop after I saw him bungeeing it down. I thought it would be fine, I have a verbal witness, of him protesting it to be fine, and that same kid will me out on shit, and was in the car when it happened.

This was all under the table, so no insurance was called, and the lady I hit somehow dropped off the earth after I learned the girl driving didn't have insurance.

Nothing ever goes right. Seriously. NOTHING. Always a fucking catch to shit, and everything always goes astray for me.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Dec 29 2003, 06:01 PM
you shoulda gone to Auto Zone or some place and bought some hoodpins to hold the hood down.

I did that before. I just planned on not driving it as much, not speeding or anything, and waiting till I got the latch I bought in the mail.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Dec 29 2003, 09:05 PM
This was all under the table, so no insurance was called, and the lady I hit somehow dropped off the earth after I learned the girl driving didn't have insurance.

Wow, you shoulda told your insurance that you got hit by a non-insured driver. It doesn't matter who's fault it is when the other party has no insurance. (correct me if I'm wrong)

Originally posted by jiahanhao+Dec 29 2003, 09:07 PM-->
Slammed89Integra
@Dec 29 2003, 09:05 PM

Wow, you shoulda told your insurance that you got hit by a non-insured driver. It doesn't matter who's fault it is when the other party has no insurance. (correct me if I'm wrong)

omfg.....i got into an accident with some1 who had no insurance...you shouldnt have to waste a dime... :owned: x 1 billion

Yeah I wished that, but really I rear ended the lady. I even got a ticket and harassed by an officer.

Her mom had insurance, and she had papers and all, and they checked out, it was just she told me she was living in canada, and to not tell the officer, but she told him she was living in a local town about 20 minutes away from me.

I really don't care. I didn't plan on paying for it besides a claim to my insurace, I had to file a police report and shit because he was there, and my car if I took it to insurance would have been deemed totaled and I would have probably got 0 dollars because I have liability. Yeah I have uninsured motorist, but Iw as told that only covers you when they hit you. So really, I'm fucked from every angle now, and yeah I can't borrow any more money to fix my car, and its my only means of transportation besides riding the big yellow to school, and riding my bike to bk, which I do every day in the summer.

:ditto:

kind of the samething happened to my friend with his crx. one of our other friends lost one of the hood pins and while he was driving I guess the other one fell out or snapped or something and his hood swooped back and completely smashed his windshield, it happened twice and then he got tired of it and sold the car.

hope things work out for you, best of luck in your shitty situation

Back