Sleeping to deeply

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drake

VIP
I have noticed that I have a problem with sleeping way to deeply. It is damn near impossible to wake me up. It is rather annoying, i have not found an alarm clock that can wake me up. I get enough sleep pretty much every night, I don't do any thing strenuous before bed, I normally just watch some tv or read a book. Ive been trying to look up solutions on google but I'm not coming up with much. Anyone have any ideas?

I set 3 alarms every night. sometimes i still sleep through them, anywhere from 5min to 3 hours.
i once slept for 8 hours with an alarm clock on full blast on the 'beep' setting.

now, the only thing that wakes me up is the screaming banshee alarm that i found on the net back in 99 to make sure i didn't miss a morning final.

ideas? deal with it. or get a wife to wake you up. :)

rig up a set of pulleys to yank the blanket off your bed.

Then set up another set of pulleys to dump a bucket of water on your bed.

Set them to be 10 minutes apart after setting your alarm clocks 20 minutes earlier than normal.

I have two alarms go off in a scattered pattern.

I have 3 alarms that go off over the course of an hour.

Well my baby's momma does wake me up every morning, but when she is out of town i freak out about waking up on time. I should just go to walmart and find the loudest freaking alarm of them all. Or try different tones and pitches. I'm just wondering if there is something I can do to make my self more sensitive while i sleep.

get a box, fill it with spiders, and hang it over your bed....have the box open from the bottom via one alarm clock...and have another alarm clock go off before the surprise box alarm goes off...

or try snakes...used baby diapers, bile, Skunk juice....:ph34r:

you need children in your life. thats a sleep dealbreaker, right there.

apparently he does. did you notice "baby's momma" above.

ive gotten to the point where i set a scheduled task on my computer, an alarm on my phone, and the alarm on my clock. phone goes off at 530, the computer goes off at 545 (playing some LOUD atreyu song) and the clock goes off at 600. Thats been working lately. i havent been late to work in a week now.

put a relay to the alarm buzzer; hook it up to a low power taser and attach wires to the prongs and wrap them around your foot. Good luck.

Last edited:
thats good. maybe one of those TENZ electro therapy things....attach the pads to your temples.

I set aboiut 4 alarms on my cell phone and I put it across the room. Anything less, I don't make it. Or I shut it off in my sleep.

I think more of us have this problem than you think. My wife has to wake me up every morning before she leaves for work. If she doesn't I don't hear our daughter wake up in the morning which is only in the next room. On the weekends my wife gets up before me I don't hear shit, dogs barking, baby making all sorts of noise, nothing seems to phase me. Seriously you could run a train thru the house and I wouldn't wake up, my two brothers have almost the same exact sleeping habits as I do.

Ya'll have some active imaginations lol, most TV's have alarms on them just set yours to whatever time u need to be up turn it all the way up before u turn it off to go to bed and i'm sure in the morning it'll have u shooting out of bed wondering what the hell, other than setting like 4 different alarm clocks at different places in your room so u have to get up to turn them off can''t really help u, I have the luxury of waking up on my own since I don't have to be to work till either 3pm or 11pm

Ya'll have some active imaginations lol, most TV's have alarms on them just set yours to whatever time u need to be up turn it all the way up before u turn it off to go to bed and i'm sure in the morning it'll have u shooting out of bed wondering what the hell, other than setting like 4 different alarm clocks at different places in your room so u have to get up to turn them off can''t really help u, I have the luxury of waking up on my own since I don't have to be to work till either 3pm or 11pm

I know that wouldnt work for me. I go to sleep with the tv on, and the satellite updating (meaning restarting the receiver and the TV going to snow) doesnt wake me up at 3am.

I generally set my alarm for 6 to get up for 7. I unconsciously hit the alarm snooze (across the room) and get back in bed several times before I even awake.

Back