Sleeve or blockguard

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mecanikfreak

Hi I would appreciate if you could answer me on 2 question. Im planning on building a boosted b18b ans i was wondering if it would be better for me to sleeve or a blockguard.
And if its the sleeves darton or golden eagle

(i dont care about the price and im planning on getting about 450 to 550 whp

I've built engines with blockguards, and I've built engines with GE sleeves. I've never had anything fail that was caused by using a blockguard instead of sleeves. The motor I'm currently building for 400+whp has stock sleeves with a NuForms blockguard. If done correctly, a blockguard will give you significantly improvement over the power limits of the stock cylinders; however you will never be able to get the strength that you will with sleeves. As with any other engine modification, the reliability factor greatly depends on how well you have everything tuned.

Now, as far as what brand of sleeves to go with, I've used GE more than once, and almost everyone that I'm close friends with that has gone sleeved has used GE as well, and I have NEVER (personally) seen a GE sleeve fail; having said that, I'd go with GE. Nothing against Darton, I just haven't had any experience with them.

Back