Sleeved Coilover Part ???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Bl6CRX

I recently traded a guy my cheapo coilovers (plus a little cash) for his skunk2s, however he did not have the round pieces that sit ontop of the springs, (betweeen the springs and rubber/plastic cap which has the studs/grommet for top of the strut) I kept the ones off my cheap coilover setup and they look very similar to the skunk ones I've seen, so should I use them?, or not worry about it, the spring diameter is very similar for both setups, and I currently have them in my car with out the caps and they seem to ride/preform fine...

you better put that cap on there, It stops the shock shaft from popping up into the trunk or engine bay. Trust me i didn't use them once and about 3 days later i was driving down the road and both shafts shot thought into th trunk.

No, not the caps, its the silver metal tops of the coilovers that some with the set to sit ontop of the springs, Im not sure what there called, maybe I can post a pic...

These?

top_hats_med_01.jpg

top_hats_med_02.jpg

top_hats_med_03.jpg

top_hats_med_04.jpg

I've got an extra set if you want them. They don't have the rubber pieces that go in between the top hats (the black metal parts) and the springs, but you can get those from Energy Suspension for pretty cheap. Your stock top hats will work fine with the Skunk2 springs.

If you want mine, I'll sell my OEM top hats to you for $10 plus shipping.

Thanks for the offer Cal, but heres what Im talking about, I have these, but they are not installed, should I install them, and what its there purpose (the part circled in blue).
s40f5d98524a22.jpg

Oh, those- I don't know what they're called, but they basically isolate your springs from the top hats. Without them, you'll have a really noisy ride. You can get polyurethane ones from Energy Suspension for not too much cash- I would get those.

Back