Sleeves Or Block Guard?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16ahatch

ive got a b16 sir 2 and i just put rods and pistons in it. plan on running 15psi so do you think i would be safe with a block guard or should i sleeve the block

i would go with sleeves, but i have heard good and bad about block guard. However I was told by guy at a local shop today who has always seemed to know his shit that if it is done right block guard can supper effective. But if you absolutly can only get one or the other i would go with sleeves...

sleeve!!! block gaurds are hard to do right,blocks bores need to be machined after the peice is tig welded in,even then can cause enough distortion to piss away ring seal.for the best of both worlds check out the AEBS sleeves,not that much more and you could boost tons :D

If you're not going to boost more than 15lbs. you shouldn't have to do more than block guard you deck. It's cheaper than sleeving and more practical for what you're planning to do. If you want to boost more than that though, you should really invest in sleeving your block. Also wondering, but what kind of rods and pistons did you get? And what CR are you running?

Sleeves are sooo pricey and you don't need them for that level of boost. A block gaurd would be more than enough. There are motors built by another local shop running 20 psi. He machines his own gaurds and welds them in. This goes for 1/10th of the price of sleeves.

personally, i wouldn't do either.

id take the money youd spend on a block guard and get the car tuned.

Back