Sleeving a b16

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

tloc

I was wondering if i need to resleeve my motor if i plan on pushing 350Whp+ or if forged low compression pistons and forged rods would be fine... i have a 88 crx with a b16.

300 pushes the limits of a stock block on a PRO tuned vehicle. after that, it MAY hold-- and MAY last a long time, but it is enevitble that it WILL break at some point. Maybe tomorrow, maybe in a month, maybe in 2 years.... but it will.

If you cheap out, expect downtime (ie, have a spare car/beater).
if its not your faily driver, boost the shit out of it till it blows :)

ok so if i did use it a lot not quite a daily driver but i will drive it a lot... so i will probably need to get my motor resleeved how much will this cost... how much hp would i beable o push then ... b/c i would also have low comp pistons and forged rods

Hey if you have a built bottom end then you can make a lot of power but then again you didn't tell us what bore you are going to run, if your head is ported or not, what intake manifold you are going to run, what cams, what turbo, what exhaust manifold, what fuel management system, what size injectors, are you going to get springs and retainers, what size intercooler, BOV, LIQUID TO AIR COOLED OR AIR INTER COOLED, or even what waste gate? If you can answer theses questions then we can give you a better answer sir.

block sleeving is about 1000 bucks + your core... + rods + pistons + rings + bearings + assembly

Back