sleeving an h22

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So all i have left to get are sleeves. i've heard to get benson. but i'm totaly cluless on where to look into getting them. does anyone have a good source that i should look into? thanks!

a guy in your sig??? how much? the guy that's doing the machining on my motor said that darton doesn't always make sleeves for every block (duh) but that they have some kinda of flang on the top to re enforce something.... (this is the girl talking lol) but sometimes there's alot of extra machining to get them to work. but he doesn't know until he gets it taken apart. and he's taking awhile cuz he's got other motors to take apart (prob stupid domestics lol jk) but yeah. just pretend like you're trying to explain something to a girl that doesn't really know anything cuz i don't know much about sleeves, obviously

oh, and did you find my thread or whatever with my parts list of all the stuff i've got so far?

If you have an h22a or an h22a1 you will use a press in 87mm Sleeve.

If you are using an h22a4 you will use a MID sleeve...which is basically drop in (probably the "flanged" sleeve he is talking about). It does depend on which block you have.

all i know is that it's an h22a i don't know numbers, but it's obd1 and it's jdm, i got it from hmotorsonline.com sorry i don't know more lol

oh, the pistions i got are 89mm does that make a difference for what sleeves?

lol you answered your own question. if its h22a (jdm) then it will require the non-flanged sleeve.

the 89mm pistons shouldnt cause a problem. if i remember right the darton sleeves are actually 91mms so, youre good to go with those pistons.

i see. so what about this guy in your sig? what's that? i don't get how you guys know so much! i feel like a total dumbass lol

i was saying that he can do the sleeving if you need. if youre machine shop cant get the sleeves you need, you can always get em from the guy in my sig.

i see... sorry. just smack me when i sound dumb. but yeah. i wish i lived in tx i'd just make you (ask you) to help me out all the time. lol. i might soon though. i think i might go to a school out there, but i'm not sure yet

its all good...youre not the first person to ask questions...jus lemmie know (and drop me a line if you move out here ;)).

Back