slight vibration felt from 30-40 mph...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dc4dude

i have searched and searched and searched..... started to get a vibration at about 30mph under acceleration and it goes to about 40 mph, then goes awayat about 50... i have changed the intermediate shaft, both front axles, (with new quality pieces, and shitty ones for comparison) main bearings in the trans, as well as the differential bearings with no change. this vibration is driving me nuts! its is mainly felt in the steering wheel, but can also be felt throughout the car... i have rotated the tires, balance them, checked for play in the steering (balljoints, inner/outer tie rods) replaced the bushings with poly units (this was way before the vibration started, so its not due to the bushings) when i did the auto to manual conversion, i installed everything brand new (this was about a year ago) am i missing something???

bent wheel.

it won't show up on a balancer (it will actually balance....) but if you watch it, you can probably see its oblong.

try a buddy's set of wheels, etc to verify.

while i am going to try that...(swapping wheels) has anyone ever had an issue with a defective PILOT bearing and what it would do to driveability????

tried the different wheels/tires... no dice. swapped out the crank pulley/damper, same result... called around a bit, and three out of the four places i called (reputable) said it might be a bad diff (out of balance)... i do have a spare lsd... going to be bringing down the trans... again.

after going thru the entire front suspension/steering system for what seems like the millionth time, i got a few tips about a bad engine balancer, so i swapped the light weight one i had on for an oem one and still o change, called around and was told maybe damaged final drive unit.. so ill be swapping out the lsd with another ring pinion later today.. fingers crossed...

Here we go again....

Attachments

• image-3668920733.jpg
    image-3668920733.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 298
  • image-1694816154.jpg
    image-1694816154.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 304
  • image-2457207149.jpg
    image-2457207149.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 282
  • image-3739638357.jpg