slippin clutch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

last few days my clutch has been feelin kinda weird but i thought it just might be my floor mat rubbin on the peddle or something. so i get in my car today and i have a clutch lock on my car so i take it off put my foot on the clutch and it feels real mushy and then tight at the floor so i see if its my floor mat and it wasnt so i thinkin its a fucked up clutchso im drivin alond in first then i stop and put it in to nutral go to put it in first and had to shove it in this happend at almost ever stop i had on the way to work. o and when i push the peddle down i have to pull it back up or wait a sec for it to pop back up . and then i was at a light and i could ot get it in to 1 so i put it in 2 and went and i did that 3 times.

now could this be and burnt clutch even tho it never smelled, one that just needs to be adjusted, bled that sort of thing, or is it just all fucked and i should get a new one.

try adding more syncromesh tranny fluid....if that doesnt work ur looking spending money on a new clutch....and if ACT or a performance clutch isnt in your mind....autozones have lifetime warranty on clutches for around 150 bucks.

if it doesn;t go in first but does go in second then its prob something in the trans

if the clutch pedal stays down then it could be pressure plate or a problem with your clutch lines

is it cable or hydro
i have seen the slave cylinders go bad, as well as master cylinders

if its cable you may need to adjust it

i would check over the visible moving parts before looking inside the trans or at the clutch/pressure plate

not sure my boy as a 95 gsr and his is hydro so id imagine that my 97 would have the same?

is this a swap or just a 97 teg

97 should be hydro, unless its swapped into an earlier civic with a cable b series trans

i would check the master and slave cylinder, sounds like they may be sloshed

also check your fluid level in the clutch resevoir, as well as the trans fluid level just to be sure

also make sure your pedal is adjusted right to actuate the master at the right place

94+ Integras all have hydraulic clutches.

Bleed the clutch line and check your slave cylinder for leaks or damage.

bleeding and checking cylinders will be done tomarrow. ill let you guys know but for now she sleeps.
is this a swap or just a 97 teg
civic swap

Back