slow in here today....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
This is of course after the guy who I trained at work, who has 30 points on his license or so, told me how he had his Audi TT special edition turbo, to 160mph right under redline in the last gear running from the state troopers the other night. Moron.

They'll get your plates and PWN you later.. That is, if they get close enough to see your plates. :ph34r:

I've out run a few cops and never got the pleasure of being caught. When I was a teenager I lived in a place called "shamrock shores" at lake brownwood. Its full of hilly, twisty, hard corners and the like. The troopers used to sit right outside of shamrock shores on the other side of a hill and speed trap people. (there is a highway that runs right outside of it) Their problem was, I'd come flying by at 90mph, they would have to do a u-turn to come after me. Well, the way the hills line up, if you stay on the throttle, by the time they get the u-turn done, you can slam on the brakes and duck into shamrock shores. They don't see it and fly right by. I had two chase me into the area, but intimate knowlege of those backroads and hills, which corners have gravel and which ones don't means superior driving. I saw one cruiser slide off sideways into a ditch. It was a full gravel corner and if you didn't drift it just exactly right, you ditched it. I did it just right :mrgreen:

Glad I never got caught though.. Its about the stupidest thing you can try, they would have stuck my ass in juvy.

Didn't get to register for basically any classes I need. So, I'm fucked.

More bad news, like in the other vehicles thread--turbo is still maxed and I'm bummed about that.

But I have good news.

I just saved a ton of money on my car insurance by switching over to Geico.

wait that didn't happen either :doh:

I worked 2 hours of OT today...dead tired when I got home...cracked a beer and took a power nap for like 45 minutes...now I got to go out and tackle more damn leaves.... :cry:

I'll prolly do another 2 hours tonight and tuesday night....and with paid lunches this week...that should give me 7.5 at $37.80 = $283.50, then the normal time for this week... = 1008.00, that includes days off for thursday and friday, I'll prolly work friday and get double time on top of that...for 7 hours = $352.80, then sat for 7 hours at time and a half= $264.60, then sunday is normal double time at 50.40 an hour for 7 hours...= $352.80...

So my paycheck before taxes should be around.....$2261.70 and then add COLA to that...it should reach $2300 :ph34r: but after taxes I'll prolly only see about $1600 or so :cry:

And then for the last week of Dec...it's 5 days of triple time, and then the weekend OT....thats when I should make the big bucks... :ph34r: prolly around $3800...but then the taxes will drop that down to about $2700 :p

I might see some more parts hoarding in January...or another car :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
This is of course after the guy who I trained at work, who has 30 points on his license or so, told me how he had his Audi TT special edition turbo, to 160mph right under redline in the last gear running from the state troopers the other night. Moron.

They'll get your plates and PWN you later.. That is, if they get close enough to see your plates. :ph34r:

Yeah to clarify the story he told me;

He lives in PA now, just across the border. Route 80 turns into two lanes rather than 3 or 4 when you leave New Jersey and go into Pennsylvania. He was apparently racing a modified Honda back in Pennsylvania, and if I understood him correctly, it was through the Delaware water gap where there's a speed limit of 45-55mph depending on the congestion. Route 80 is normally 65mph but this is a "safe zone" that normally I can get away with doing 80mph+ in if there's no traffic because there's really no place for cops to sit and its so packed that they wouldn't even be able to pull out, if there was traffic and you were speeding.

Anyway, apparently a cop rolled up on them and he didn't realize it was a statey. He said he thought it was like a mustang or something that was looking for some business racing the other two. Cop wound up pulling over the honda and getting his information, while this guy in the TT threw it on cruise control @ 70mph and kept cruising hoping the cop wouldn't snag him since he was driving without a license. He didn't want to go to jail, since it would be his third offense and apparently he says that means jail time. He kept going and the trooper came up behind him, he said he got fairly close (If he was going to run, I have no idea why he even let the cop get close to him) and then he took off. He said that he did the 27 exits in New Jersey going 160mph the entire time and it went by in like 5 minutes. Said he's never been scared before like that, but there was no traffic going East bound back into Jersey at this time of night - i know there's not because I come home East bound on weekends all the time and its clean and clear. He said while the cop was slowing down going into the turns, he was accelerating in the TT and gaining distance - he said he hit no rev limiter/speed governer and just kept the thing tach'd. Apparently another state trooper tried to cut through the center median of grass and try to set up a road block/spike strips but he got stuck in the gas as this guy blew by him.

He doesn't know if tickets are going to show up at his Mom's house or not and he said his mom might even take the fall for him saying she sped or something retarded because now its hard to prove since they didn't actually catch him in the act. He lives at a different address in PA now so they'll never find him.

The guy seems to have a really mellow personality but was a club promoter and I guess he says, "I'm the craziest fucker you'll ever meet in your life."
---------------------------------------------------

B, yeah I tore apart a S4 in these hardcore twisties by my work.

Oh yeah and he was telling me the other night how he didn't think that his car would outrun a trooper with a police interceptor package but I told him that it would and that they're governed at 120 or 140mph in Jersey. He thinks my car is faster than his, but I know that my gearing and my governer will make me top out around 145mph.

---------------------------------------------------
I really have a bad feeling these insurance adjusters are going to show up, not knock on the door, just door the estimate. Perhaps completely miss the radiator and a/c condenser damage and the headlight damage and be on their merry way.

The damn dog is worthless and just keeps falling asleep on his back with his legs up in the air and head hanging off the couch. He barks whenever he's awake but fido is taking cat naps all day.

Bah I want a carbon fiber hood and hopefully an extra $600 estimate for the headlights that I have a spare set of downstairs, so I have parts money and don't have to even dip into the cash stash.

Quoted post[/post]]
Oh yeah and he was telling me the other night how he didn't think that his car would outrun a trooper with a police interceptor package but I told him that it would and that they're governed at 120 or 140mph in Jersey. He thinks my car is faster than his, but I know that my gearing and my governer will make me top out around 145mph.

People give cruisers way too much credit. They are heavy slow bastards.

P.S. Put a big note on the car in the area that they will be looking at that says "insurance guy, please Notify me when you arrive" Problem solved.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]

P.S. Put a big note on the car in the area that they will be looking at that says "insurance guy, please Notify me when you arrive" Problem solved.

That might be a clever solution! :ph34r:

Quoted post[/post]]

Yeah, I know they do. The cars have a lot of top end when they get moving compared to most cars but most people on here are driving cars that are far more performance oriented and still can out accelerate them. I know the stock WRX will eat them alive in the corners and on the freeway from a pull.

And thanks for the idea, I printed the note out and put it on the windshield.

I've got one more class today and then tomorrow morning i've gotta make the 11.5 hour trip back to WI. I'm fucking stoked. Hopefully the weather cooperates.

I have a bunch a things to clear up with the bank...

It's raining and I can't work on the Audi..

I have nothing interesting to post. :shrug2:

meh...its raining/shitty out. the day's going so sloooooooooowwwwwwww

I have to ebay a bunch of shit tonight, I need some extra xmas $$.
-anyone into hardcore/grindcore records, I'm dumping all that shit plus a bunch of parts for cars I don't own anymore...

11:33am, time to put in my Papa John's cheesesticks order

I'm starving...but I'm not going out in the rain.

I have NO cash, only credit and bank cards.

I want chinese, but they won't deliver it unless I have cash.

Hey swanny what does the middle of Jan. look like to you? I think that is when we are going to to the whole B. party shannigans for Casey.

well today I spent the day working on my civic.

I replaced

Tie Rods because
<blockquote>-Both boots were kinda shot, but the big reason
-When I was doing my swap, I was wasn't paying attention and I was using a pitmen arm press or what ever its called (the tool honda recomends to pop ball joints with) and didn't realize that I hadn't removed the castle nut until I had FUBAR and couldn't even remove it. So when I pulled the knuckle, I just loosened the lock nut spun the knuckle until it took the tie rod off</blockquote>
Passenger side axle
Switch to GSR brakes because
<blockquote>-Last owner ghetto-fied his brake setup and put GSR calipers on civic spindels and rotors, so they rub constently and actually wore a pretty deep ring all the way around both rotor tophats
-Wheel bearing was shot and you could litterly shake the wheel as if it only had the lugs on the first few threads when it was in the air.</blockquote>
Did a trans fluid change
Did an oil change
Brake hose because
<blockquote>while poping my lower ball joint, I missed the pickle fork and it happen to hit the passengerside brake hose and put a decent size hole in it. </blockquote>

And while I am doing all this work, I finally found out the extremely loud clunking that I have been hearing is my shot upper ball joints. So Now I need a new ignitor and upper ball joints. Sweet another $200 :cry:

Back