slow P72

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stivic

Ok I have a JDM 94 GSR in my civic with a P72 ECU, I read up online at the specs for this motor and ecu Horsepower: 178hp@7600rpm Redline: 8200rpm

Thats kool and all I wish mine did that I cant get to 178 hp evidently because the revlimit is like at 7k I cant rev past 7000 does anyone know what my problem could be???

try to provide a little more information. what trim civic is it?
the 7k redline is odd... most of the time, it will be in "limp mode" and you wont go over 3500 or so, but 7k is strange

is it a HARD rev limit bounce, or will it just simply not PULL above 7000?

if its the first, i've never seen it.
if its the second.. check your timing

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Mar 24 2005, 03:23 PM

if its the second.. check your timing
[post=478143]Quoted post[/post]​

It just wont go past 7 valve floats everytime, Ive checked timing time after time its exactly on the spot dont know what else it could be unless the rpm gauge on my EX cluster is off with my GSR motor

Originally posted by stivic+Mar 24 2005, 11:17 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Mar 24 2005, 03:23 PM

if its the second..  check your timing
[post=478143]Quoted post[/post]​

It just wont go past 7 valve floats everytime, Ive checked timing time after time its exactly on the spot dont know what else it could be unless the rpm gauge on my EX cluster is off with my GSR motor
[post=478376]Quoted post[/post]​

it's your cluster, civic(d series) clusters are notoriously off, esp when using them with b-series engines..

I wouldn't say they are "notoriously" off, mine work fine, but I would say that you probably have a lazy tach, and should either have it calibrated, or replaced.

just out of curiosity how do you know the valves are floating every time?

and for the record... i ran a d series tach w/ both my b series swaps and they were dead nuts on... verified by a VAFC and hondata (max revs)

Back