1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

slow revving before vtec and before cut-off

Discussion in 'General Tech and Maintenance' started by achir21, May 16, 2008.

1. achir21

achir21 New Member

hi

recently buy my EK4 Vti (SiR)

and theres a little problem in performance

my engine doesn't rev how it should juste before the VTEC kicks (around 5200rpm to 5500rpm)..... when VTEC kicks its good but when arriving at 7900rpm the engine again show some loss of power.... like it was running out of breath :s ...... does anybody out there had the same issue ? i have no CEL or check engine.... everything is stock.... coil and spark plugs...... but the engine has been rebuild once with the previous owner.....

i can't rev my engine to the cut-off coz my engine seems to not like it .... and doesn't rev easily out there ..... and becoz of that i tend to shift at 7800rpm wich sometimes get the rev under the vtec zone wich is :mad:.......

i'll be glade to find why ??...... thx everyone...

2. achir21

achir21 New Member

so guys........ don't have any clue ? someone has told me on another forum that the knock sensor was retarding the ignition but i tried unplugging it, and nothing has changed..........

3. Justin66

Justin66 The Hondaswap Canadian

DIstributor could be worn, not being able to power in the highs? Maybe the timing is off?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted