Small backfires on Z6 turbo

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

krazykoncept

I need some help, I built a D16 using a 2000 Y8 head on a 95 Z6 block. I'm using a Z6 head gasket and dropped in a block guard. Port and polished the head and Y8 manifold. I'm using prelude injectors (260's). I have a T25 turbo and vortec fmu 12:1. I have walbro 255 fuel pump and JG fuel rail with AEM fuel regulator.
I'm using a stock P28 computer. I have a crane fire ball coil and ign box with boost retard .5 degree for every pound of boost. I have the biggest orfice in the fuel regulator because I couldn'y get the fuel pressure to go below 40psi at idle. These are my settings timing at 14 degrees , fuel pressure at idle 40psi, boost retard .5 degree per pound of boost. hiting 7 psi of boost. The problem I'm having is my car has a hard time idling. It also, just off idle pops and backfires then picks up speed. On my air/fuel meter shows off the scale lean when this happens. tried more fuel pressure and got worse, tried less had no guts on the midrange. I'm mostly worried about the backfiring. I tried using the stock injectors(220's) doesn't backfire but still has the slight stall just off idle. and top end doesn't pull as hard. Any input will be greatful. peace and aloha..........Waaa Pu sssuuuuuu.

it would be best to use a new ECU rather than the Vortec.

check out pgmfi.org for information on chipping your ECU the right way

:werd:

loose the fmu.
loose the injectors.

get some dsm 450's (or something at least above 350)
get a p28 socketed and download crome. tunewithcrome.com

Back