**Small Claims Court**

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i think small claims is limited first to 3K, and second, i don't know fi they will allow a negligence or punitive damages suit in small claims...

best of luck, nail em to the wall if you can...

security plus monitored entrance/exit, plus cameras = shady shit...

My famous Court-room negotiation over the damage to my Supra from my neighbors:

Me : "I just had $3000 in paint done."
Them: "We just put a ding in it, it doesn't need repainted. We'll give you $800 to go on with life"
Me: "$2500. They did the damage on purpose with a rock"
Them: "humph... Listen, I don't know why you think it's worth that. It's just an old car"
Me: "$3200"
Them: "......."
Me: "Now, $2500 sounds good, doesn't it"
Them: "Let me talk this over"
<confer>
Them: "We'll offer you $1000 to put the whole stupid thing behind us"
Me: "$1800."
<Confer>
Them: "$1200"
Me: "Did I say $1200? I said 1800."
Them: "You can't expect us to pay more than twice our original offer"
Me: "$2000"
Them: "........"

I'm like an Evil Peter Griffin ("Please, excuse him.. he can't haggle") I finally got $1500, which went on bills anyway. And then they slashed my friend's tires the following week. I should have taken them to court.

note to you cash, if you get a settlement, or you win the case the insurance company could attempt to get their money back from you since you are being reimbursed elsewhere...

make sure you are getting paid for the anything but the actual car...

Quoted post[/post]]
note to you cash, if you get a settlement, or you win the case the insurance company could attempt to get their money back from you since you are being reimbursed elsewhere...

make sure you are getting paid for the anything but the actual car...

Yeah thats a good one.

Ill try to get money for hardship, neglegence, etc.

I am getting 4.7k for the honda, so i dont want the ins company trying to get that back.

Back