1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Small tube Headers

Discussion in 'Civic and CRX - EF' started by caboose, Aug 8, 2008.

1. caboose

caboose USDM to the bone

I have a megan racing header and cat back exhaust on my D15B6. I heard that the larger tube header might be causing me to loose low end torque and therefore lower my gas mileage.

Do you think that this might be a problem? Does anyone make a smaller tube header at a low price?

2. t3t4delsol

t3t4delsol New Member

is the header a 4-2-1 or a 4-1, the 4-2-1 are better for low end torque, the 4-1 is better for higher rpm

3. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

The 4-2-1 vs. 4-1 header thing is a myth. Tube size plays a role in that(there's a bunch of dynos that show they can perform the same).

I believe your best bet would be the tubular D16Y8 header that's in the Acura EL and maybe in some other Y8s.

BTW; I got 57mpg hwy using a Z1R header(ebay 4-1 header) in a D15B VTEC cruising at 4000rpm(~70mph).

4. caboose

caboose USDM to the bone

my HF is only getting 45ish on a tank... I would think that I should see a little better from it. It's a 4-2-1 megan on there right now, #2 is a little kinked though since it came off of my parts car.

I think some of my problem might be that little air filter that is installed on it right now. Thing looks like it has 200k on it. I need to try and see if my civic air box will bolt into it...

is the D16Y8 header hard to come by, and about how much are we talking?

5. K2e2vin

K2e2vin Senior Member

I don't know what USDM cars it comes on, but shouldn't be too hard to come by. I'd say you can get one for about $30-$40.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted