Small tube Headers

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

caboose

USDM to the bone
I have a megan racing header and cat back exhaust on my D15B6. I heard that the larger tube header might be causing me to loose low end torque and therefore lower my gas mileage.

Do you think that this might be a problem? Does anyone make a smaller tube header at a low price?

The 4-2-1 vs. 4-1 header thing is a myth. Tube size plays a role in that(there's a bunch of dynos that show they can perform the same).

I believe your best bet would be the tubular D16Y8 header that's in the Acura EL and maybe in some other Y8s.

BTW; I got 57mpg hwy using a Z1R header(ebay 4-1 header) in a D15B VTEC cruising at 4000rpm(~70mph).

my HF is only getting 45ish on a tank... I would think that I should see a little better from it. It's a 4-2-1 megan on there right now, #2 is a little kinked though since it came off of my parts car.

I think some of my problem might be that little air filter that is installed on it right now. Thing looks like it has 200k on it. I need to try and see if my civic air box will bolt into it...

is the D16Y8 header hard to come by, and about how much are we talking?

I don't know what USDM cars it comes on, but shouldn't be too hard to come by. I'd say you can get one for about $30-$40.

Back