small turbo?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

efalex

i want a car that keeps up... i gotta d15 so its non vtec.. could i runa a small turbo on it like 5 pounds.. would that be worth it or no helllpp!

Psi means nothing until you choose a turbo.

5 PSI on a T4 is COMPLETELY different than 5 PSI on granny's 12b turbo'd Volvo :D

okay well i was thinking more along the lines of a t3/t4 turbo... its a d15b1.. non vtec.. 4 speed? could i boost it?

You can boost anything if you really want. There are tons of ppl who boost D series motors.

I would run a DSM 16g on 5-6 psi. That would get you good results for a stock bottom end.

yes you will be very impresed with the power from a small turbo. My EF made 224hp/209tq at the wheels with a 16g on 9lbs with a very conservitave timing and fueling. But first you have some things to do before thinking of going turbo the first one is a multiport conversion.

its all stock had 109k on it when i put it in its stock internals has about 9k on it now and it sees full boost every day when geting on the interstate LOL peak power is at 6400 and i runit out to 6600 love it wish i would have do it a long time ago the only problem is to run my race car now i have to pull the aem out off my DD and change the map o well i onley run it about once every other month

forgot to mention that the motor is a d16y7 with a d16z6 intake and a sk2 cam gear with a little advance on the gear like 2deg

then you are probably in decent shape as far as a start. You should also have the hf manifold which means you can find an adapter plate for the turbo you want that makes it relatively easy for you to make a turbo manifold for your motor

I would not recommend a dsm 16g as mentioned previously- a dsm t-25 will be PLENTY and it's only about $100 since it's stock turbo on the 2g dsms, a 14g is also good but a little bigger and probably overkill as well. The 14g will cost a little more as it's from the 1g dsm's and an upgrade for the 2g's. The 16g is great but too big for your applicaiton. If you want to buy a mint one- I have one for sale. The 16g is NOT A SMALL TURBO!

Back