Smallest Low Pro Tires?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

DelSlow89

93 Del Sol
I just got some 15 inch and 16 inch rims. I was wondering if anyone knew what the smallest low profile tire was. and if they would have any for my rims.
Thanks alot.

Last edited:
"45" in and of itself means absolutely nothing, without an assocaited width with it.

a 335/45 is actually taller than a 205/60

Last edited:
Thanks for the replies. Do they make any lower than 60 for 14's or how hard is it to find the teggy rims that are similar to bbs rims?

Last edited:
The Integra "mesh" wheels are pretty easy to find- just not that common or even held onto in the 14" size.

You can get lower than 60 in a tire for a 14" wheel. Just keep in mind that just because the profile might be a smaller number, the sidewall could still be taller depending on the tread width... you want to do the math to find the shortest sidewall.

195/60/14s arent bad.. thats what i have..

ok, not to knock any one, but i work 6 days a week in a service shop, ( oil changes, tires, all the other bullshit) tire sizes go like this... take note this is an example for and extremely common size tire...

P235/75/R15

P is for passenger, or the standard load range... safe PSI varies from 35psi on older tires all the way to 50psi on newer tires

235 is the width of the tread in mm, so its 235mm wide, or 23.5 cm

75 is the percentage of the width as the sidewall height... I.e 235x75%= 176.25 mm of side wall height

R15 is the Radius of the rim in inches... so R16 is 16 inch wheel, R17 is 17 inch wheel and so on...

if there is a letter or letters after or sometimes before the size that is the speed rating of the tire...

if i left anything out let me know and i'll edit it up...

The only part that's left is:

treadwear rating
traction rating
temperature rating
speed rating
load rating
M+S rating

That will about cover it. :)

ok here ya go Calesta, if that site is missing anything else you need to know i can hook you up with some numbers for the companies....

1010tires.com Tire & Wheel Tech

think that pretty much covers everything there...

:thumbsup:

Don't worry, I knew all that stuff already- it's more to reference for anyone else that was curious, especially since you got started on the easy stuff earlier.

Back