SMART Car coming to USA

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

One Stop Customs

Two cars I have always wanted to have in my possession, a 1964 mini-cooper, 100% original with all the rally lights. Second, a smart car, they're small, and uhm... cute LOL... I just want them to sit in my backyard as "cute" toys LOL

Anyway, they are coming to the USA and asking price is $15,000, 55 mpg and runs @ 85 mph with a 3 cylinder turbo charged rear mounted engine... Can you say Smart should be fun? The le'cabriolet is in the $20,000's...

so 15-23 is the asking price... :D

make one into a drifter hahaha

Smarts have always been available in the US. Same with the Megas.

There are communities in like.. Arizona... That are so gated, exclusive and self-contained that they sell their pre-fab houses with Smarts in the garage.

It's for getting around the private neighborhoods to the private neighborhood grocery stores and movie cinemas.. etc.

-> Steve

startpage_januar05.jpg

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 9 2005, 10:52 AM
Smarts have always been available in the US. Same with the Megas.

There are communities in like.. Arizona... That are so gated, exclusive and self-contained that they sell their pre-fab houses with Smarts in the garage.

It's for getting around the private neighborhoods to the private neighborhood grocery stores and movie cinemas.. etc.

-> Steve
[post=458576]Quoted post[/post]​

hey, I never saw them here in the USA, i.e. arizona, but I believe you... If you have $$$ why not bring them? Now they are going to be available to everyone, I thought that was pretty cool...

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Feb 9 2005, 10:54 AM
That little targa top one's kinda cool lookin'.
[post=458579]Quoted post[/post]​

that sucker looks cool man LOL

I thought this review was funny...

LA times:
The Smart City Coupe--a Neon-colored iPod of personaly mobility... measuring a stumpy 8 feet long, the 2 seat, ovoid runabout is 4 feet shorter than a mini cooper. It can actually part perpendicular to the curb... Less than 5 feet wide, its a half-foot narrower than a Chevy Aveo, tips the scale @ 1,749 lbs. THe smart weighs a 1/4 of what a hummer H2 weighs...

I thought that was funny, the cars they compared it too...

Shit @ 1749 lbs, put a k20 engine on the bitch and lighten up the car even more hahaha... SUPER SPEED RACER!!! LOL

Originally posted by driverunknown@Feb 9 2005, 11:09 AM
kinda expensive for a car the size of a festiva no?
[post=458583]Quoted post[/post]​

much more cool looking than a festiva though, plus it has a turbo and rwd LOL with a 6 speed sequential transmission... dual airbags, etc...

It actually did better than a mercedes S class in a crash test... Aluminum steel beam reinforced car...

Thats actually a LOT heavier than I would think. an 89 CRX HF is like 1800lbs or something....

Also, I would prefer to have a CRX. Similar gas milage, more trunk space, and far sexier :p

I've been researching this company since reading this thread...

And this car is AWESOME. I'm going to a MB dealer tonight to line up for one.

-> Steve

They have a Brabus edition of the Coupe hatch... Totally killer.

The transmission is the MB shift-me-or-shift-me-not, like what's found in the Unimog. Complete with clutch pedal.

-> Steve

i wonder how tall people like me would fit in a car like that

o and that red 1 looks like a targa rx-8

Originally posted by ktanaka@Feb 9 2005, 11:23 AM
Thats actually a LOT heavier than I would think. an 89 CRX HF is like 1800lbs or something....

Also, I would prefer to have a CRX. Similar gas milage, more trunk space, and far sexier :p
[post=458590]Quoted post[/post]​

The crx is BIGGER than those smart cars, lol

If I could fit in one, I would seriously consider buying one in a year or so. I'll have to go check them out when they become widely available.

Same amount of space in a first gen MR2

Which isn't much, lemme tell ya.

-> Steve

Originally posted by Celerity@Feb 9 2005, 09:15 PM
Same amount of space in a first gen MR2

Which isn't much, lemme tell ya.

-> Steve
[post=458876]Quoted post[/post]​

hmm... probably we tall people will be able to fit for the simple reason that the seats are high... I dunno... lol

Hmm, with the roadster coming out maybe i wont have to try and bring a cappuccino back from japan with me.

Originally posted by Guy@Feb 9 2005, 11:36 PM
Hmm, with the roadster coming out maybe i wont have to try and bring a cappuccino back from japan with me.
[post=458927]Quoted post[/post]​

what's the cappuccino? You aren't refering about the drink are you?

Back