Smart Car Crash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

holy fuck
poor little car :cry:

but VERY impressive how well it stood up to that crash
i HIGHLY doubt a civic would do any where near as well in that crash

:thumbsup: to the smart car
i so want one

No sound?

It looks like it came apart pretty well- which means good energy dissipation, and decent crash characteristics.

the sound is just really low
crank your speakers
hit the wall at 70

70 mph in the rain...and that thing is that stable.....WOW!

looks like the driver would lose his legs :cry: ...but at least the torso would survive :confused: ...and the airbag responce is very impressive... :blink:

Well, the body survives, but you die anyway because of the massive g-forces of the crash. The brain slamming in to the skull at 70mph.

Oh well, at least you'll have a pretty corpse! :p

Seriously, They should build "nascar" style cages and design the car around those. Of course, without all the cross bars, etc.. Would take some engineering, and would change the way cars look, the chassis would be several times more stiff and crashes would be more survivable.

Not that I'm a nascar fan, but they do have some of the best cages.

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, the body survives, but you die anyway because of the massive g-forces of the crash. The brain slamming in to the skull at 70mph.

Oh well, at least you'll have a pretty corpse! :p

Seriously, They should build "nascar" style cages and design the car around those. Of course, without all the cross bars, etc.. Would take some engineering, and would change the way cars look, the chassis would be several times more stiff and crashes would be more survivable.

Not that I'm a nascar fan, but they do have some of the best cages.

:werd:

screw sheet metal. i want a tube-frame :p

oh wait, i bought one :)

well that crash makes me sure i never want to ride in 1 off those

hell yeah man. most cars that hit a wall at 70 come out 1/4 the length they went into the wall at. this lost like what, 10 inches?

Quoted post[/post]]
hell yeah man. most cars that hit a wall at 70 come out 1/4 the length they went into the wall at. this lost like what, 10 inches?
:werd:

the crashes you usually see on TV are at 30-35mph.

at 70, you usually can't even tell what kind of car hit the wall unless you can identify it from its tail lights and trunk.

smartcar.jpg

:thumbsup:

Back