Smart Car Crash

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
smartcar.jpg

:thumbsup:
:hitit: :boff:

HERE is a little info from the Smart site about the cars design and safety features
it is a very safe car

I like the looks of the Smart Roadster, if they marketed them over here i would try and get my hands on one. the smart, in that accident looks survivable albeit with whiplash and broken bones.

I should say i will never driver anything but my trucks. (well the cars on occasion). It hit a wall now do the samw test with a full size truch hiting it, The roof of the car would be caved in and porbly sheard off.

I should say i will never driver anything but my trucks. (well the cars on occasion). It hit a wall now do the samw test with a full size truch hiting it, The roof of the car would be caved in and porbly sheard off.
reasons honda drivers don't like trucks

it does pretty well against an S class benz
http://www.off-road.com/mbenz/videos/Sclass_Smart.avi

it gets tossed a bit, but it didnt take on as much damage as the benz
and you get a pretty good idea of just how solid that passenger compartment is
ive seen cars go on their side before
ive seen cars roll before
i have never seen a car take it that well... it just kinda bounced a little
actually looked like a fun ride :)

and yes the reason small cars are "dangerous" is because of all the non-driving fucktards driving big ass SUVs and trucks, not paying attention to shit around them
and those same asshats are the reason the smart car will have trouble coming to the US ... and even though its a safe vehicle, it wont sell well because stupid americans still associate size with safety (even though they are less safe in that giant SUV they love so much)
i was happy as fuck when gas prices were up above $3/gal... and honestly i hope they go back up again... less fucking idiots driving their big ass vehicles makes the road a better place

Quoted post[/post]]
Well, the body survives, but you die anyway because of the massive g-forces of the crash. The brain slamming in to the skull at 70mph.

Oh well, at least you'll have a pretty corpse! :p

Seriously, They should build "nascar" style cages and design the car around those. Of course, without all the cross bars, etc.. Would take some engineering, and would change the way cars look, the chassis would be several times more stiff and crashes would be more survivable.

Not that I'm a nascar fan, but they do have some of the best cages.
most people wouldn't die from that in that crash, especially with the seatbelts and airbags. some crazy motherfucker in the 40's or 50's took a rocket sled out into the desert and built some railroad track, and proved to everybody that the human body can withstand enormous g-forces(i think his record was like 40 g's) as long as the body was harnessed correctly. although, his retinas did temporarily detach, and one of his lungs collapsed, and his body was covered in bruises. Lt. Col. Stapp 1954 and 1955

Quoted post[/post]]
hell yeah man. most cars that hit a wall at 70 come out 1/4 the length they went into the wall at. this lost like what, 10 inches?

and, it's too bad the front of the car is like 10 inches from your shins.

Back