smelly exhaust and CEL's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

S14Civic

Ok so my sister drives an Rsx (not the type-s). I believe its a 2002...the car runs fine according to her but when she sits in traffic the exhaust starts to smell like rotten eggs. It was throwing two codes 1166 and 1167 "Manufacturer controlled air and fuel metering"....her boyfriend replaced the throttle body and i think the intake manifold and all the sensors on both and the problem is still occurring....any ideas?

yea the engine is running really rich...i havent smelled the "rotten egg smell" because it seems to only happen when the car is warmed up.....but when it starts you can smell a lot of fuel in the exhaust

Yall are all crazy...its her damn battery!!!...it is gone..tell her she needs to get a new one...i betcha she wont have that smell anymore =]

Yall are all crazy...its her damn battery!!!...it is gone..tell her she needs to get a new one...i betcha she wont have that smell anymore =]

Ummm her battery huh, why is there a CEL on and not the battery light on???? Why would her exhaust smell from the battery being bad???

Battery? I don't think a battery could make that smell.. but my grandma's friend's nephew had a vtec which was really low on vtec fluid and it smelled like that. Tell her to check the vtec solenoid, because it could be burning that fluid.... :confused:

Battery? I don't think a battery could make that smell.. but my grandma's friend's nephew had a vtec which was really low on vtec fluid and it smelled like that. Tell her to check the vtec solenoid, because it could be burning that fluid.... :confused:

:ph34r:........... :laughbounce2:

:bo: :bo: :bo:

yea so he was right!~ i replaced the battery and the smell went away!....ummmm yea just kidding....but yea it ended up being a bad o2 sensor

Back