1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Smog Questions

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by civicsi1415, Jun 7, 2003.

1. civicsi1415

civicsi1415 Junior Member

Alright, I have a 1999 honda civic si coupe. My tranny is going out and I have been looking around for new transmissions but the cheapest I could find are all between 1500 to 2500. So I have decided that I am going to just swap in a b18c1 GSR complete swap which I can get from HMotors for 3200. Now my question is this, Can a JDM motor pass smog. The USDM and JDM motors are the same price. Now I would rather have a JDM motor but I have been told that it can't pass somg but I have also been told that it wont pass smog.......... so which one is right. Im new here so any help you could give me would be great........Thankx
  2. BigJ

BigJ I'm just about that action Boss. VIP

:D Do you mean will it pass smog tests, like when they hook it up to the machine, my guess is that it will. My car which isn't jdm nonetheless, I had a race cat, i/h/e and my o2 sensor wasn't plugged in and the idle was pegged at 1100 and yeah it passedwith fyling colors. If you are located in california, I don't think they will elt you pass because the only engine alowed in your car is from your year or newer and has to be usdm. I also believe that it is the same everywhere except it can be jdm in other states depending on your smog laws, etc.

I hope that helps, thats my $.02
Draft saved Draft deleted