Smog Questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicsi1415

Alright, I have a 1999 honda civic si coupe. My tranny is going out and I have been looking around for new transmissions but the cheapest I could find are all between 1500 to 2500. So I have decided that I am going to just swap in a b18c1 GSR complete swap which I can get from HMotors for 3200. Now my question is this, Can a JDM motor pass smog. The USDM and JDM motors are the same price. Now I would rather have a JDM motor but I have been told that it can't pass somg but I have also been told that it wont pass smog.......... so which one is right. Im new here so any help you could give me would be great........Thankx

:D Do you mean will it pass smog tests, like when they hook it up to the machine, my guess is that it will. My car which isn't jdm nonetheless, I had a race cat, i/h/e and my o2 sensor wasn't plugged in and the idle was pegged at 1100 and yeah it passedwith fyling colors. If you are located in california, I don't think they will elt you pass because the only engine alowed in your car is from your year or newer and has to be usdm. I also believe that it is the same everywhere except it can be jdm in other states depending on your smog laws, etc.

I hope that helps, thats my $.02

Back