smog questions

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i ran high on hc levels on my smog test. i have replaced the o2 sensor i ran a fuel cleaner i tested the egr vlave and the cat is fairly new i am out of ideas should i put a new cat the one i bought is from autozone i dont know if it is any good am not going to pay for a real honda one.

I have been considering funning a 50 50 mix of fuel and ethanol any thoughts thank you for your time

Any check engine lights? Did your HCs run too high at idle, 2500rpm, or both? See if you air filter is clogged; as that will make you run rich.

Acetone to lower emmsions

When my vehicles have to be smogged "every 2 years" i use acetone, being doing it for years without any problems.

2 oz's for ten gallons of gas works great and i get incredibaly low PPM numbers on my 91 civic. The more actetone you use the better the emmissions but you will get horrible gas mileage the more you use. Run 2 tanks through using this formula and on the day of the test use 3 oz's for a full tank. Add the acetone before filling up to ensure it mixes properly.

On my 93 caravan i use 3-4 Oz's for 15 gallons and it also gets great numbers and it has 400,000 Kms on it.

This doesn't mean your engine should'nt be tuned up properly, it does.

Also don't use the stuff from your girlfriends makeup kit (Nail polish remover) Use only the actetone that says 100% pure on the label. You can buy it any a auto parts or hardware store.

Happy smogging
Vic.

95prelude type s....so your running a red top engine? Yeah, get it tuned with a p72 and crome, and the acetone trick. after that you can HOPE that you pass. That engine has some trouble passing smog.

Back