smog stuff

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

rlndia

hey guys, im looking into buying myself a integra type-r. this guy has one with a jdm type-r engine. he claims that it "should" be able to pass smog in california. i dont know much about this stuff so please gimme a lil help so i dont buy a car i cant even drive legally.

you need all the US smog equipment on there, if you don't know what you're looking for take it to a mechanic? and i think in california to sell a car the seller has to smog it before he sells it. make him get a smog cert. to give you with the car.

Originally posted by B16@Dec 4 2003, 01:39 AM
you need all the US smog equipment on there, if you don't know what you're looking for take it to a mechanic? and i think in california to sell a car the seller has to smog it before he sells it. make him get a smog cert. to give you with the car.

:yes:

JDM motors normally do not pass smog here in california. I have a USDM motor and it will pass smog but I got the usdm motor so it will. California is laying the smack down with smog laws! :whip:

Oh yea, before anybody sells a car here in california, they HAVE to get it smogged. Unless it is changing hands within family, then you would not have to get it smogged to BUY it, but it will have to be smogged eventually.

Originally posted by Hatchbacks Anonymous@Dec 4 2003, 05:04 PM
JDM motors normally do not pass smog here in california. I have a USDM motor and it will pass smog but I got the usdm motor so it will. California is laying the smack down with smog laws! :whip:

that is only speculation, i've seen JDM motors pass. like i stated before, if you have the US emission equipment, you are ok.

thanks for the info guys. yea i know, cali really strict on them smog laws. i was thinking about making him get a smog cert. but i just wanted to know the chances of it passing b4 i even bother with him

Back