Smoke an SRT-4

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Abrasintegra

Alright I was originally going to trick out my engine to satisfy my own speed addiction but recently I've come across a honda hater who drives a stock srt-4 (you know the NEON). All he does is praise his neon he eats sleeps and breaths NEON. Let me also point out that he finds it very offensive when his car is refered to as a NEON. So my goal is to have my all motor integra which is right now being built, flush his NEON down the toilet. This is my current setup.

96 b18b block
96 b16a head p&p and slightly milled
b16a p&p intake manifold
ITR pistons
walboro 190 fuel pump
440 injectors
hondata chipped p28
knife-edged, micropolished, bluprinted crank
Fidanza 8lb flywheel
ACT 6 puck clutch
AEM fuel rail/fpr
AEM cold air
Apexi N1 exhaust
phantom grip LSD
DC 4-1 headers
50 shot of NX wet

I think that's it... Anyways it's essential to my ego that I toast this punk but is this going to be enouph? I'd also like to point out that he's not a very good driver when it comes to d/d I don't know how he races. Tell me what you think.

yes it will be enough, and this thread is probably gonna be closed cause e-racing is frowned upon.

i tried racing this srt-4, I downshifted and his face was awesome...lol. I think my open downpipe scared him...he looked over at me like he was horrified. I hope you get the same reaction from this kid when you start pulling on him like it was nothing.

Actually i'm going to say its a toss up. You got a mild build, nothing special. First off, what transmission are you using? Sounds like the motor will be dropped into an integra If it was in a hatch I would think a little differently. I'm only convinced with the NOS, but this is assuming with two equal drivers so who knows.

ahhhh those neons own.. i think he still takes you. if you do win all he has to do is spend a few hundred dollars and boom he will be blowing you out of the water.

few hundred on a new ecu that will actually let him modify his car. god i hate modding those damn neons.

Tranny and car is a 96 integra LS. Sounds like for the most part I'm the favorate. Oh I forgot a couple things on the list also I got an Apexi v-afc II and I'll be running him with my test pipe rather than my cat... shhhh. Should open up a few more horses for the ride.

as long as you filed your rings for nitrous and your weak as piggy back is tuned right. Nitrous with VAFC....what are you thinking.

Quoted post[/post]]
as long as you filed your rings for nitrous and your weak as piggy back is tuned right. Nitrous with VAFC....what are you thinking.
:werd: And the only way that you are gonna win that race is if you use the NOS. If all that work was done to a hatchback I would say that you have a much better chance, those SRT4s are fast.

^^^ :withstupid:

Do yourself a favor. Skip buying the vafc. Take that money and buy a p28, and the necessary obd2>obd1 conversion harnesses. Xenocron's got a package deal where you get a chipped p28, LC-1 wideband, and ostrich for like 550 or so...way safer than a VAFC, All the tuning tools you'll need to get started. You'll be in a lot better shape than with a crappy VAFC.

Go here...

and here...read up. The smarter you are about tuning, the better off you'll be when it comes to n2o, and just making more power for that matter.

mike posted some good links for people who are new and expert honda tuners. pgmfi is one of the best forums ive ever seen. it definitely rivals us when it comes to tuning.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
:werd: And the only way that you are gonna win that race is if you use the NOS. If all that work was done to a hatchback I would say that you have a much better chance, those SRT4s are fast.
yea, neon or not they are pretty fast. i say, go forged rotating assembly rather than what your going with. then do the block fill on the front page, then use a 100 shot. and yea, much better tuning.

why do you call it an all motor integra if you are going to use nitrous???

prolly the same reason why i tell people im going na even though im putting between a 100-150 shot on my car. im not gonna use it everyday, so essentially i am going N/A...except at the track.

Quoted post[/post]]
why do you call it an all motor integra if you are going to use nitrous???

aren't all cars powered by just the engine, i never saw a transmission hooked directly to a turbo and they have such little torque that it would be nearly impossible to build power regardless that it may have homongous rpms

Alright I'll take your word on the vafc being a bad idea with nitrous, and the Xenocron deal sounds sweet. I was already planning on filling my block as soon as I saw that article on the home page. As far as swaping my tranny that's not really an option I'm already going over budget on this little endever and the wifes getting furious. but assuming I scratch up the cash to swap it what would be the benifit of going with the GSR or b16? I was under the impression the LS tranny would be the best for my set up.

Quoted post[/post]]
ahhhh those neons own.. i think he still takes you. if you do win all he has to do is spend a few hundred dollars and boom he will be blowing you out of the water.

:yes: All hes gotta do is max out his turbo with a lil boost control . . . . thats like 250ish WHP in the neon.

The reason honda drivers hate SRT's so much is because the neon has traditionaly been despised by honda owners as being 'sub par'. Now that their is a turbo version out there, it sickens the honda community.

Back