Smoke during acceleration

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grod_07

I recently installed a JDM 95 GSR engine into my 98 Civic Ex. When I accelerated to around the 5 thousand RPM range and up, a CLOUD of white smoke just came out of the exhaust. It was embarrassing by the way because people were just staring at me. Also I don't think the VTECH kicked in either. Can anyone please with great expertise tell me what is wrong with my car.

it could be anything from a blown head gasket to a carbon buildup. does your car overheat at all? i would do a compression test to make sure nothing is wrong. where did you get your motor from?

Also I don't think the VTECH kicked in either. Can anyone please with great expertise tell me what is wrong with my car.

Your car does not have VTECH . . . thats why it didnt kick in.

I believe your model comes with equipped with VTEC, and on an EX, that shouldn't kick in till around 5.8k or so.

leak down test is good on all 4 cyl, no over heating, so I don't think his head gasket is blown.. I'm just stumped.

I got the engine from Japan Motor Import. Also there is Vtech on the GSR engine. If it isn't the head gasket could it be burning oil or something. Also when I just drive regulary and shift around 3 thousand RPM it looks just fine which appears to be no smoke.

I got the engine from Japan Motor Import. Also there is Vtech on the GSR engine. If it isn't the head gasket could it be burning oil or something. Also when I just drive regulary and shift around 3 thousand RPM it looks just fine which appears to be no smoke.
he's telling you there isn't vtec"h". there is no h. anyways, it could be several thing, you could have water mixed in somewhere. check the oil to see if it's running low. any low oil pressure will make it run without vtec.

What's weird is that I checked the oil and it is black. When I swapped it, I put brand new oil. I dunno if it is from the old oil or something. Me and ikon drained the oil from the GSR engine.

I've never really driven in an Integra before. The power is alright I guess. I haven't really punched it yet because the smoke just comes out when I go over 5 thousand RPM.

It' happened twice already. I went to pick up some pizza and decided to punch it and it did the same thing.

I performed a leakdown test before we installed the engine and the results were good the highest reading was 7% I believe in cyl 3.

Back