smoked tail lights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truoss

I have a 94 civic hatch. I'm not happy with my tail lights. I was wondering how one gets the smoked/tinted look? Is that a special type of paint, or what? Another question...which aftermarket tailights look the best, do you think? I don't really want to spend money on new tail lights, but I will if the smoked look doesn't work.

Thanks

:thumbsdown: :thumbsdown: i do not approve of your idea

but if you really wana do it go down to your local crafts store and purchase some
transparent black paint.. usually says something like " for making stained glass windows" or some shyt like that.. good luck

a long time ago, like a year prolly, some dude posted pics of his eclipse that he smoked the tailights on

looked nice, i wouldnt mind doing it to my car

What's wrong with it? I think it looks alright...

Would you prefer smoked or Altezzas or TYC or stock?

i prefer smoked stock lights; altezzas and tyc looks crazy; except for the tyc elegante integra lights. those look alright.

theres somethin on the net about smoken them..like instructions...

gsxblackout2.jpg

That was my friends car.

Here's my old Mustang.

last1.jpg

I used VHT Taillight Tint. You can order it on Jeg's or Summit for $10 a can. A can is enought to do a set of taillights.

Just do about 8 coats or so. I did over 10 but I think it turned out too dark.

they aren't street legal right? they can't reflect anymore can they?

no, they wouldn't reflect that much. the black lettering in my bumper was reflective, tho. that's why i think i never had any problems with my taillights. and i was followed by plenty of cops in the daytime and nighttime.

I see that you are also able to tint windows with that VHT spray paint tint. Has anything ever tried that? I inquired about tinting my civic hatch the proper way, and it would cost me about $140! How will windows look after spraying them with this stuff?

don't. simple as that. you won't get even coats. $140 is cheap for tint. do that instead.

This is for body modifications and not a tech forum, If you don't like something in this section hit the back button

Use the taillight tint. Then you can decide how dark you want to tint them. Just do it coat by coat to you find your desire. I did it a few years ago on some clear bumper lights on my old car. It came out good I only did like 2 coats so it had a little tint to it nothing to dark at all.

as for spray window tint it looks good and lasts longer than film tints from my exper. it dosnt bubble and you can get even coats if you take you time, and remove the windows from the car

Back