Smokin?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

alright, what is your opinion on just taking off the head an doing a minime swap? an getting that stuff looked over an replaced at the same time? or should i just work on getting a new engine... i work at an autobody shop so i can get the labor done cheaper...an do some myself.. what would you do?

If your block is still in good shape the mini-me would be a good idea. I would probably pull the engine and have the block inspected to see what kind of condition everything is in. If the cylinders and crank are still within spec you can replace the rod/main bearings and piston rings and have a near new block. On the other hand if you need to bore the cylinders or replace the crank it might be a better idea to start searching for a new engine since the D series are pretty cheap in comparison to a full rebuild.

I would start a new thread if you have anymore questions too.. so you're not taking over the original poster's question.

i think from what you an ahhhvtec have told me, i'm going to buy a sohc vtec engine tomorrow an use that for a few months an then in the summer i'm gonna drop the gsr in there. thanks for all you're help though. =]

that's for telling me....i posted it.

but then i found this in the archives an somehow everybody is posting on both.

but thanks for letting me know anyways because i may have not seen it ;)

If you did a compression & leak down test, like I told you about earlier, then you would know if your piston rings and/or valve seats were good or not.

Back