Smoking

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Kcihcaton

Anyone here live in a state where they can smoke inside while they work?
I live in California and I have to take a break every hour to smoke, and it sucks... especially when it's raining.

stop whining.. in most of new england, you can't even smoke in restaurants or bars.
and in NYC, its illegal to smoke a cig on the street.

more republicans making stupid rules.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Nov 3 2004, 01:51 PM
stop whining.. in most of new england, you can't even smoke in restaurants or bars.
and in NYC, its illegal to smoke a cig on the street.

more republicans making stupid rules.
[post=411462]Quoted post[/post]​

In California you can't smoke in restraunts or bars, or anywhere inside actually... or within 25 feet of any public building.

I'd rather whine than post 200 replies to one topic saying the same thing over and over again. :D

I'd rather whine than post 200 replies to one topic saying the same thing over and over again.

hmmm

good point

in NY, no smoking in public buildings

Originally posted by Kcihcaton@Nov 3 2004, 04:55 PM
I'd rather whine than post 200 replies to one topic saying the same thing over and over again. :D
[post=411466]Quoted post[/post]​

Touche' :lol: :lol:

In Boulder, Colorado and Longmont, Colorado, you can't smoke indoors, unless the designated smoking areas have separate ventilation systems. And it's fucking wonderful. When I go out to a bar, or to a bowling alley, I don't come home smelling like an ashtray.

And B....hate to break it to ya, but it's mostly Democrats/liberals pushing that sort of legislation. Traditionally, Republicans get alot of their money from the tobacco industry. :)

i dont mind smoking bans . it makes it easier for me to quit.. 6 months non smoker

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 3 2004, 05:01 PM
And B....hate to break it to ya, but it's mostly Democrats/liberals pushing that sort of legislation. Traditionally, Republicans get alot of their money from the tobacco industry. :)
[post=411475]Quoted post[/post]​

That's very true, in fact most Republicans are in favor of letting people decide for themselves on the issue of smoking. I remember a while back, some libs had their panties all in a twist because they thought that Arnold Schwarzenneger was setting a bad example by choosing to have an occasional cigar while at the office.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Nov 3 2004, 04:01 PM
When I go out to a bar, or to a bowling alley, I don't come home smelling like an ashtray.

absolutely. why in the world should smokers push their filthy habit on my health?

also, with work. i hate how smokers get a break every hour. why can't i get a 5-10 minute break to drink my moutain dew? i'm addicted to that.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Nov 3 2004, 02:01 PM-->
When I go out to a bar, or to a bowling alley, I don't come home smelling like an ashtray.

and just what the hell is wrong with smelling like an ashtray?! :p

b204dr
@Nov 3 2004, 02:04 PM
i dont mind smoking bans . it makes it easier for me to quit.. 6 months non smoker

quitters never win and winners never quit!

Originally posted by Prowler@Nov 3 2004, 05:19 PM
also, with work. i hate how smokers get a break every hour. why can't i get a 5-10 minute break to drink my moutain dew? i'm addicted to that.
[post=411490]Quoted post[/post]​

Maybe mentally. It's a proven fact. We work better for the next hour after having a cigarette.

Originally posted by sohcslammer+Nov 3 2004, 02:22 PM-->
@Nov 3 2004, 05:19 PM
also, with work. i hate how smokers get a break every  hour. why can't i get a 5-10 minute break to drink my moutain dew? i'm addicted to that.

Maybe mentally. It's a proven fact. We work better for the next hour after having a cigarette.
[post=411494]Quoted post[/post]​

daaaaaamn straight

Originally posted by Prowler+Nov 3 2004, 03:19 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Nov 3 2004, 04:01 PM

absolutely. why in the world should smokers push their filthy habit on my health?

Seriously, if someone wanted to do heroin, cocaine, whatever....go for it. Kill yourself, I don't give a hoot. But when you're killing ME just because I want to drink a beer, or throw a bowling ball, or eat a meal....that's unacceptable.

I hear ya on the break thing. It's BS that smokers get all those breaks....but just think, when you're living a healthy life at 60 years old, they'll be dealing with emphysema, tracheotomies, and portable oxygen tanks. :)

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Nov 3 2004, 02:23 PM-->
Originally posted by Prowler@Nov 3 2004, 03:19 PM
dohcvtec_accord
@Nov 3 2004, 04:01 PM

Seriously, if someone wanted to do heroin, cocaine, whatever....go for it. Kill yourself, I don't give a hoot. But when you're killing ME just because I want to drink a beer, or throw a bowling ball, or eat a meal....that's unacceptable.

I hear ya on the break thing. It's BS that smokers get all those breaks....but just think, when you're living a healthy life at 60 years old, they'll be dealing with emphysema, tracheotomies, and portable oxygen tanks. :)
[post=411496]Quoted post[/post]​

Emphysema is a myth. Tracheotomies are a good time. And I'll slip a nitrous bottle in place of my oxygen tank when the nurse isn't looking.

Originally posted by 94accordex+Nov 3 2004, 05:14 PM-->
dohcvtec_accord
@Nov 3 2004, 05:01 PM

That's very true, in fact most Republicans are in favor of letting people decide for themselves on the issue of smoking. I remember a while back, some libs had their panties all in a twist because they thought that Arnold Schwarzenneger was setting a bad example by choosing to have an occasional cigar while at the office.
[post=411487]Quoted post[/post]​

now thats funny. they want people to decide for them seleves...

except about abortions, gun control, etc etc

I smoke cloves... nobody complains about the smell.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Nov 3 2004, 03:15 PM
[post=411538]Quoted post[/post]​

Ack...

I like the smell and the taste of cloves, but I smoked half of one once and it made me sick.
I heard they make your lungs bleed too...

Originally posted by Kcihcaton+Nov 3 2004, 06:19 PM-->
@Nov 3 2004, 03:15 PM

Ack...

I like the smell and the taste of cloves, but I smoked half of one once and it made me sick.
I heard they make your lungs bleed too...
[post=411539]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, if you smoke them straight. Usually the cloves are mixed with a bit of tobacco so that you aren't smoking straight cloves and to smooth out the smoke. Either you find a good brand of clove smokes, or you roll your own. I can pick up a bag of fresh cloves for a couple bucks at the natural foods store.

Some clove smokes are horrible. The best I have found are Djarum's Splash.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@Nov 3 2004, 06:15 PM

your lungs hate you.

and im a smoker.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Nov 3 2004, 06:25 PM-->
@Nov 3 2004, 06:15 PM

your lungs hate you.

and im a smoker.
[post=411545]Quoted post[/post]​

I used to smoke Marlboro red 100's.

Now when I say I smoke cloves, a pack of 'em (the usual 20) will last me about a week. Sometimes I can go thru a pack in a couple of days if I am hangin with friends but not normally.

Back