Snagged another car today....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

KILLER hardware... On a shitty Chassis... Old Formulas are FTL..

That's what you guys are for... :p

Anyways...

Airjockie 1 : Subaru Dealer 0

We called sunday telling them we didn't want the car, and they told us to call back today, well, they called us again this afternoon...and we still told them we don't want it, so they said we needed to go down there for them to swipe here credit card for the refund. Well, we were sitting there and about 3-4 of the dealers swamped us pressuring us to buy....we stood our ground. Then the general manager came up to us, and said... "well, you did sign the contract, and initialed in the block where it say's you knew it was a rental/lease/dealer demo.." And I said..thats mis-information, and wont hold up in court. Then he said he can only give us back the $1500 of the $2000 deposit....and we asked why. He said that it covers the paint and interior Armor Guard treatment done to the car that we asked for. And I said...why did you do that when we bought the car Sat, told him Sunday we didn't want it, and we expected a full refund today. I even know that no service personnel works on Sundays to prep a car...so I knew he was bluffing...

So I told him we'll just contact the Attorney General, since I've already had that problem earlier this year...and they cleared it up...... Then the general manager blew up in my face...he yelled at me that I was wasting his time, his salesman's time, and he just became belligerent..frustrated, and yelled at one of his employees to give us the full refund....and he stomped back to his office all pissed off.

The wife got her $2000 deposit back....:)

The wife is rambling Jeeps, Rav4s, and Fit's now...

and looking into Rav4's...they can tow:eek:

if you want, gimme their names and Uncle Bucket and Darth Fraud will show up and make their day a living hell.

and the new Jeep liberty can only tow 3500lb's...

ATM_Withdrawal_Math_Question.jpg

A Jeep Cherokee can tow a car trailer... Within reason... Rav4 I wouldn't trust to tow...

2.4-liter DOHC 16-valve SFI VVT-i 4-cylinder
166 hp @ 6000 rpm/165 lb.-ft. @ 4000 rpm

3.5-liter DOHC 24-valve SFI Dual VVT-i V6
269 hp @ 6200 rpm/246 lb.-ft. @ 4700 rpm

even the 'big' motor is a joke for towing. it's "vtec" so it has 0 power down low....

246 lb-ft at 4700 rpm speaks for itself, I don't care if it has valve management or not.

and it's not VTEC. Not even close. VVTi is way different.

well, I am considering this right now...

Import FanatiX Car Club

if I can eeek out another 25,000 miles out of it, then it might be worth it for me.

I'm also hunting for a decent but cheap Tacoma under $5000, and yes...I do have cash in hand finally....hehe

$2900 obo
ITEM: 1993 Toyota 4Runner
PRICE: $3500 obo
SHIPPING: No.
DESCRIPTION: Selling a 1993 4Runner. Recently finished doing a head gasket. No rot on the body. Only rot on the rear bumper which is common on these trucks. Starts right up, no leaks or strange noises. Transmission shifts fine, transfer case shifts fine. Has roof rack, original Grill guard, Towing package with trailer wiring. Original paint in good condition. Land Cruiser Coil Springs installed so it doesnt have that annoying 4Runner sag.

* VIN: JT3VN39W8PO126007
* MILEAGE: 174k
* TRANSMISSION: Auto
* DOORS: 4
* COLOR: Red/Burgundy
* RUNNING/NOT RUNNING: Running
* CONDITION: Good
06-16-07_1205.jpg

DSCF1242.jpg

Back