Snagged another car today....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

be careful with those 4 runners
the motors will pop the HG and then run hot, or dump fluid in the oil and develop severe knocks

i've changed a couple of the 4runner motors and they aren't cheap

also, take that fat pig for a test drive if you plan on towing with it
you might be suprised at its lack of acceleration

Last edited:
I owned one of these when I lived in Texas. The thing couldn't get out of it's own way. When we would try to tow the trailer with the two Jet Ski's, it was even more of a dog. But overall the vehicle was pretty reliable.

Good luck with your hunting...

Clayton, why not buy Roger's Blazer? It's 4x4, powerful enough to tow, and it's cheap...I'm sure he would let it go for a grand...

the only time i'd recommend an american vehicle.... is for towing.

Ah, yes.. the 2nd gen "bore runner". What a sleepy little thing.

The 4 cyl 4runners are bulletproof. the V6s from the first gens popped head gaskets, but not as badly as Supras do.

Automatic though. Worse auto EVER. I also used to frequently tow quite a bit with my Pathfinder (Until the rear end literally rotted off the chassis and I left it behind). not fast, but it does it.

Rogers blazer is the last car I would think about...

4runners are nice.
I have a 96 4cyl. and love it. I towed my civic to albany, rochester and cayuga a few times with a full trailer and never had a problem.

DSCI0806-1.jpg

Last edited:
yeah 96+up...like mine. I'll sell it to ya
$3500 ;)

Anything wrong with it?

more info please...and if it's what I'm looking for, you might have to drive it to CT, then rent a U-haul and a trailer...and your taking home a CRX and a garage of parts.......:ph34r:

Anything wrong with it?

more info please...and if it's what I'm looking for, you might have to drive it to CT, then rent a U-haul and a trailer...and your taking home a CRX and a garage of parts.......:ph34r:
Mine is a 4cyl. They did come 6cyl but it was the sr5 or limited model. Mine is just the base model. :-(
still has power locks ac, rear heater rear power window, towing package, roof rack thingy, and 4wd lo/hi
Im not driving it to ct. You have to come pick it up.
i dont want a crx, i have one already :ph34r:
Give me $15,000 and you can have the truck, my boosted civic, and the trailer. :)

whats the towing capacity?

i have no idea. lol
I can check the owners manual when my wife gets home.

I towed my civic which is like 2300lbs with a full trailer, which is another 1000+lbs and didnt have a problem. When i went to Synapse motorsport to get my car tuned,, i had to go up a big hill and the truck made it up with no problems. I did have to drive it in low just so i dont fuck up the tranny. Anyone thats been there before can tell you that hill is no joke. anyhow, yeah i'll check when she gets home.

mine had 305k on it when I laid it to rest.

Get a Bore runner, then I won't be jealous of you.. even slightly :)

hrmmm...this one is peaked my interest....

2003 TOYOTA 4RUNNER SR5 (90899466)

I make enough, that I think I can finance about 11K's..... $5K down payment and sell off the subaru and a few wheels...

and the wife will be on her own to buy another car that she likes...hehe.

I wish it was red though.... :(

Back