snap...crack....and pop!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Hondatuner88

Big question....why?? What going on when a car is at the starting line and its poping and carrying on then launches perfect and goes to redline...Any way a street car can do the same?? Also...why is it that every time they shift...it cracks super loud...I been told that it does it becuause they don't get off the gas when they shift and just crack the next gear....Its just something that I always wanted to ask...sooo thanks honda swap lol

what you hear at the starting line is the launch control....or the driver just holding the revs at a certain rpm....the poping sound you hear could be lots of things...backfires or what not....rotary cars on nitrous make the most noise imo

rev limiter yo

be it at redline, or a staging rpm with a 3-step... you cut fuel so it holds at an rpm...

throw a but load of a fuel and pull the timing right, and you can leave under full spool.

Spark control that allows fuel flow does it - That's backfiring (And in our little displacement engines, it's more of a sputtering),

When the fuel is on hot, any misfiring produces a sputter. With a Turbo, it's not a great condition - and while it sounds cool, a smooth running car on the streets is the goal. If my car pops, I immediately investigate what I can do to prevent it. I get the lack-of-backpressure sputtering on decel - like 99% of use here do.

And like 99% of us here, I use it to sound cool in parking garages :)

Quoted post[/post]]
rev limiter yo

be it at redline, or a staging rpm with a 3-step... you cut fuel so it holds at an rpm...

throw a but load of a fuel and pull the timing right, and you can leave under full spool.

Nooo, those cars cut SPARK to hold rpm. That's why it backfires. The extra fuel in the exhaust system ignites, making noises like firecrackers in a barrel.

Cutting fuel is what a factory revlimiter does because it's emissions friendly, and we all wanna save those seals, no matter the problems with engine life, right?

full throttle launch :mrgreen: coming to a 4g63 swapped mirage near you.

Nooo, those cars cut SPARK to hold rpm. That's why it backfires. The extra fuel in the exhaust system ignites, making noises like firecrackers in a barrel.

:werd:

i think the last thing you wanna do on a turbo engine is limit fuel in any way...

Back