Snaped Axle, What else?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Domi31

92 civic B18CR with LSD tranny
I busted my car at the track this past summer. I did it on the launch, my car inched foward and it was done. My thought was I broke my LSD becuase I could put in every gear and my car would'nt even stall. I have heard of people busting light flywheels (I have a ACT 12lbs) so I jacked up my car and turned it on too see if the fly turn, and that is when I noticed the axle was completly snaped:eek:. And the diff was turning the broken axle.

When we first looked at it at the track we could not see the axles moving, and there was no noise. I have broken two other axles, never completly snaped one though. It took me so long to get under my car was becuase I moved down to San Diego 7hrs away from where my car is but now I'm back home and have time (no money, but time) so I finally got under it.

most of my questions will be answered when I get a new axle, but I have no money and I will be going to Japan to vist my brother so I will be gone for a month. But I want to know what you guys think.

My Question is this, what eles can be broken? If my diff was broken why would my busted axle (driver side) turn, but not the passenger wheel? What else could be fucked?

2.jpg

pick of the fucked axle, the axle did not show the problem untill i lived and started the car. sorry if it looks crappy camra phone

Last edited:
Back