sneak peak topmount madness.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ccfab

we just came up with a new design. its called the jenna jamison cuz its pure sex lol. able to fit at least a 4in down pipe. right now its just a prototype. were going to work on the runner length alittle more to make them alittle closer to equal length and have some flow #'s soon.
runner lengths are 4-15", 3-21", 2-14", 1-17"
right now its not able to fit in a crx although it was not intended to be. with a few tweaks it will fit though.
the first turbo is a hx35 and second is a 57 trim
000_1254.jpg

000_1257.jpg

000_1256.jpg

000_1255.jpg

000_1261.jpg

000_1260.jpg

000_1262.jpg

000_1259.jpg

000_1258.jpg

we tried to keep them as short as possible, the main reason for running a topmount is a bigger than 3 inch dp for guys making tons of power.

i think radiator clearance with that manifold would suck.

^True that!

I was just curious on the tubing length, I've heard rumors to what the length of the manifold runners would do to performance. I just wanted to see if maybe CC-Fab has had a chance to play himself and see what he found.

radiator clearance is a non issue, everyone whos anyone with a honda uses a dual core aluminum half rad which comes nowhere close to the manifold

this mani design will be tweaked a bit, but its intended for huge turbos and paint can size downpipes.

werd. the only people that dont use the half radiator are prelude guys, and the koyo radiator is now easier to come by, so even we are going to half radiators.

ccfab said:
radiator clearance is a non issue, everyone whos anyone with a honda uses a dual core aluminum half rad which comes nowhere close to the manifold

this mani design will be tweaked a bit, but its intended for huge turbos and paint can size downpipes.

very nice :)

i forgot to add that is a beautiful manifold.

A for effort, but it's not a beautiful manifold by any means, unless you are comparing it to some cast log mani, lol.

yea, def not done. design will be tweaked also.

decided id rather run a bigger shallower merge collector and also place the turbo a bit differently. this exact manifold has been sold to a local though.

No P/S either!!! Thats also for pussies. Josh you chould check my collector jig and make it like the one I just made. It seems to have a good transition.

wMTI2ODc0NTZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

wMTI2ODc0NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

So, is that going to burn a hole in his hood paint? (if it clears in the first place) Looks like it might. I also forsee some cracking issues, you might want to brace it up a little.

Other than that, hell yeah, rock the boat. We get nothing new without innovators like yourself.

I thought this would be a thread about a top mounted intercooler and say 'damn someone stole my idea' but I was suprised, interesting design, I don't know if anyone could explain the advantages to it, but still cool..

i like that engine stand, 5 gallon plastic bucket.. gotta love h-motors.

don_radeon said:
I thought this would be a thread about a top mounted intercooler and say 'damn someone stole my idea' but I was suprised, interesting design, I don't know if anyone could explain the advantages to it, but still cool..

i like that engine stand, 5 gallon plastic bucket.. gotta love h-motors.

LOL as if your top mount intercooler idea is original...

A bit off topic, but where did you have your flanges made? I'm thinking about building my own header.

Back