sneak peak topmount madness.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Top mount + civic = pointless.

Seriously, there is no room for it, you'd have to install a gigantic hood scoop just to get any clearance, and that would only suck the heat off of the motor.. Just leave it front mount, its more efficient, there is more room up there, and it won't look ghetto fabbed.

woah... you better brace the shit out of it...

im sure you can make it tighter so you dont use so much tubing, i swear ive seen some tight ones on ht or somewhere.... lol maybe the hmt diy top mount using a hx or dx 1/2 mani?? ;)

pissedoffsol said:
subys move to a front mount for a reason.... lol heat rises.

What about if you had a car with a big long hood, like the Prelude, and you mounted the intercooler not directly above the motor, more forwards are more to the rear, then wouldn't that be a bit better?

1. no room
2. still hot in the bay
3. just move a tad bit more forward and stick it behind the bumper.

Having a front mount may be bling yo but its there for a reason

phyregod said:
Top mount + civic = pointless.

Seriously, there is no room for it, you'd have to install a gigantic hood scoop just to get any clearance, and that would only suck the heat off of the motor.. Just leave it front mount, its more efficient, there is more room up there, and it won't look ghetto fabbed.

put a ramhorn on a civic with a gt42r and use a 4" downpipe. tell me how it works out.

3" downpipe fits with no issues at all and this person is still using the stock fan with a dual core. 4" would fit.

000_1282.jpg

000_1279.jpg

000_1285.jpg

tons of room for a topmount and tons of room for a huge dp. as u can see a 4 incher would fit perfect even with a stock fan.

000_1293.jpg

000_1296.jpg

000_1297.jpg

000_1295.jpg

Wow. Looks like you could even put a 5 inch downpipe in there if you trimmed a bit of the upper supports and remapped the radiator mounts to move it over to the passenger side a little more... not that anyone would want to run a 5 inch downpipe. :)

erebunicrx said:
put a ramhorn on a civic with a gt42r and use a 4" downpipe. tell me how it works out.

I was speaking of the topmount intercooler.. (don_radeon's great idea) ;)

I like your idea.. that downpipe is the sex.

93civicsir said:
that thing is beautiful. i want one................

lmk,

were changing up the design alittle morw to fit a larger turbo on a ef. im going to ned atleast a gt40. our wedsiite ill be up within a week and we will start taking odersin a couple as soon as everything is cought up.

1. no room
2. still hot in the bay
3. just move a tad bit more forward and stick it behind the bumper.

Having a front mount may be bling yo but its there for a reason

Whatever, stop taking everything so literal and like it has to be perfect all the time and backed up by tons of research. Excuse me for having an idea. Why the hell does everyone attack me everytime i post?

Last edited:
Back