snow tires and rotas are here :)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

posol

RETIRED
DSC01559.jpg

DSC01560.jpg

DSC01561.jpg

DSC01562.jpg

DSC01563.jpg

DSC01564.jpg

DSC01565.jpg

DSC01566.jpg

DSC01567.jpg

DSC01568.jpg

DSC01569.jpg

DSC01570.jpg

DSC01571.jpg

DSC01572.jpg

DSC01573.jpg

these should make for some good fun winter times :mrgreen:

Nice,

Way to get a rim thats semi - stock looking too.

Alass, the studded snow tires going on my S14 will not allow my car to keep up with yours in a new england blizzard :cry:

i <3 my 14 inch 185 studded snows... have fun, but i think 225 might be a little wide.... but then again there is the whole 300hp/300tq soooooo yeah..

Please tell me you're putting the snow tires on the stock wheels and you're old rubber on the Rotas.

Please.

Where did you buy those from and do they have them for civics :p Man those are sexxay...you don't need anymore damn rims/tires!!!!!

nice :thumbsup:

what's the weight on them?

Quoted post[/post]]
Nice,

Way to get a rim thats semi - stock looking too.

:werd:

Alass, the studded snow tires going on my S14 will not allow my car to keep up with yours in a new england blizzard :cry:

having owned a 240 for 1 winter, i will tell you this right now.... stay home.

i had studdded snows in the back, and i got stuck on level ground. that car fucking blows goats in the snow.

Quoted post[/post]]
i <3 my 14 inch 185 studded snows... have fun, but i think 225 might be a little wide.... but then again there is the whole 300hp/300tq soooooo yeah..

225 is the stock size--- jsut like 185 is the stock civic size. i CANT fit anything less than an 8" wide wheel in +48 around the 4-piston brembo's. putting a 205 on an 8" wide wheel would stretch it a lot... and a tight tire in the snow is no good. i did a LOT of research before i bought these, and this is the best solution.

I ahd 185's on my hatch too. and yes, thinner = less plowing and more cut... but don't forget, i also wiegh 1000 lbs more than a civic at 3200 lbs... so i push harder down gravity wise.

Quoted post[/post]]
Please tell me you're putting the snow tires on the stock wheels and you're old rubber on the Rotas.

Please.

nope.

rota's are trash. which is why i bought them for winter wheels :)

these wheels cost my 600 bucks. the STOCK BBS wheels in USED condition on most boards are selling for 900 bucks with no tires.

i want an extra set so i can just swap the day it storms... i dont want to be the idiot in line while its snowing at the tire store. lol

Quoted post[/post]]
those are going to look sick on the STI
:thumbsup:

:werd:

Quoted post[/post]]
Where did you buy those from and do they have them for civics :p Man those are sexxay...you don't need anymore damn rims/tires!!!!!

http://www.subydude.com

they sell all kinds of sizes.

i dont have any rims and tires. i have a set of civic snows hat are pendng to chip... other than that, all my honda parts/wheels/tres are gone.

Quoted post[/post]]
nice :thumbsup:

what's the weight on them?

about 20 lbs... 19 and change. about the same as the stock bbs's weight. these are also 17x8. big wheels. 15x6.5's will obviosuly be much lighter.

Quoted post[/post]]
Can i buy them from you for a fraction of what you paid :ph34r:

lol put some snow tires on your $500 volks and shut up :p

wow i wish i could afford 17 snow tires let alone wheels to go with them

oh well i will sport my 13 inch steel wheels with all seasons for the rest of my life

Quoted post[/post]]
sweet wheels man

lets see if i can scratch'em a little on saturday :mrgreen:

you better not :laugh:

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
Can i buy them from you for a fraction of what you paid :ph34r:
:asshat:

Those rims are sweet B ! :thumbsup:

Especially for the price you paid. I bet you're beggin for snow to come now. :)

he made that comment cuz i sold him my volks for next to nothing cuz he bought my del sol too.... just messing around.

Quoted post[/post]]
wow i wish i could afford 17 snow tires let alone wheels to go with them

oh well i will sport my 13 inch steel wheels with all seasons for the rest of my life

they really weren't that expensive... i broke a little over 1100 bucks.

bigger = more expensive.. tires were like 165 each i think... but they having banging reviews.... and i'm moving on to a big-ass hill, so i need something good.

plus, these should last me two seasons i'm guessing.... and if i don't screw a wheel, i got summer wheels for some R-comps :p

you get them from TireRack.com? whats normal road driving like? (or projected to be like) thats whats holding me back from getting snow tires. i mean yea they are great in the snow, but youw only be driving in it like a few times and then its back to dry road.

now how long do we give b before he flips a subby...slides into a lightpole/tree...or just flat out rams a snow pile and kills it?

yeah...im usually a good driver too, but when im having fun...i forget that snow/water != good traction.

Nice wheels dude, i like em a lot... i wish i had $1,100 to spend on 'my shitty wheels'.

And yea, i'm moving next month or this month to michigan for awhile.. i can't wait to park my civic into everything when i get to the snow.
Phoenix drivers != Snow drivers.
I drive good, but I'm going to safely assume i don't know what i'm in for when it comes to snow...
Hell, half of phoenix parks their cars into each other when it blows dust and rains for 4 minutes.
:confused:

Back