Snowmobile Parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
I usually use bikebandit.com for non-road vehicle parts, but they're really letting me down this time...

i've got an 85-86 vmax 540 that i'm looking for some stuff for and the only source i have so far is ebay and there's not much listed...

thanks

horn's does mostly polaris but checking dennis kirk now...
should have thought of that one
lol

holy shit

i have comet clutches on my machine, both the upper and lower or whatever they are called

the lower alone goes for over $300, god damn...

tracks are stupid expensive for these things, 400+ for a normal one, 550+ for something with some meat on it...

here's old duke if anyone is interested...

prob one of the ugliest snowmobiles ever seen on the trails in the last 5 years...

83_vmx540_1.jpg

83_vmx540_3.jpg

I'll have to get a pick of my antique. I'm riding a 89 Polaris Indy Trail 500cc. Fun sled with plenty of power.

How's yours, quick? Whats the top speed on it?

yea, i have no complaints on the speed of the sled so far

i would say its a very close match with my friends 02 polaris supersport 550, or 500

went riding with some insane sleds this weekend and didn't feel i was lagging at all...

the motor was just rebuilt and pretty much the whole sled was ripped down and reassembled except for the chain case, which starting making a shit load of noise so its back in my garage for some repairs...

i don't have a top speed yet as i haven't been anywhere top speed suitable...
i ride around some smaller fields, and the track just spins so i can;t hook up to get a good judge, and the trials were all a little rough so high speeds weren't advisable
i've been up between 40 and 60 so far...
and climbed some ski slopes, that i would imagine ran as black diamonds when the ski slope was open...
even passed an F5 going up the hill...

In my neck of the woods, the cops are almost non-existent! When it snows we head for the highway!! OH YEAH!!!

My neighbor was selling the sled I have now with a matching one. I bought one and my friend Ron bought the other. We go out and drag race with them and shit on the streets, lots of fun. I've stretched mine out to around 95 a bunch of times.

I hear you on the chain case, mine just started skipping and clunking. Time for a new sprocket and a chain adjustment :)

Mine looks similar to this, but Silver and Red. And no back brace behind the seat like this one.

trail.jpg

i'm still waiting to go road riding...
so far this year there hasn't been one time that its snowed and they haven't been plowing as soon as it starts falling...

its gotta be like a night time snow, so you get a chance to ride before they clear it..

or else i need to go to a little more remote location...

but i am definately looking forward to road riding and finding out this bitches top speed...
also waiting for the lake to get nice and thick so i can ride on that...

Back