Snowmobiles? anyone ride?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
Just wondering how many hondaswap members are into snowmobiles and riding...

I recently got 2 older sleds from my old mans house...

One is like a 1970ish ski-doo elan 250cc that my grandfather bought new for my dad back in the day, and the other is a 1980ish Artic Cat Jag that i went halves on with my old man so we could ride together.

They prob sat for 3 or 4 years without being touched so i decided to work on them.

So far I've got about 200 bucks in the old elan, the motor was seized to shit, piston seized to the cylinder wall and crank bearings seized tighter than a 2 year old. This was the second motor on the sled as the first one got bottom end play, crank bearings were shot. Picked up another 250cc motor for 100 bucks, but the crank was sloppy in that one too, so i returned it for a 300cc single cylinder. YEA MOTOR SWAP, lol
upgraded to the twin bogey wheels with new springs and some bungie cords to hold the hood down, she's an ugly yellow bitch but its my ugly yellow bitch
lol
semi fast

the jag needs a new carb but runs after cleaning it out...

so anyone else ride or work on sleds?

know of any good used parts places?

i love in winter most of the year and as for working on sleds I don't i can buy a 4 year old sled for 2000 so really can't help you much i know we have a bone yard for sleds up here

Originally posted by reckedracing@Jan 13 2005, 01:56 PM
crank bearings seized tighter than a 2 year old.
[post=445146]Quoted post[/post]​

thats a little disgusting

I got to ride one of my Uncle's Polaris RMK 750's once. It was pretty bad ass, me being 12 years old at the time, I couldn't handle that machine worth a shit.

Pretty quick snowmobile though.

yea, the 250 cc's are small, but they're fun, lol

broke two belts lastnight which sucked, but had a good time, smashed a ski off a snow bank...

the 600+ sleds are just out of control, 120 mph on a snowmobile is a little out of contrrol

lol, i've never been on more than a 300 cc sled so i have no idea, but one of my coworkers years ago was drinking and sledding on a lake, whaled a solid frozen bank at well over 100, prob 135ishmph, fucking done man, like a year in the hospital then needed walkers and canes and crutches and fucking limps and talks all fucked up...

its really horrible...

yea yea, i know drinking is bad, don't bother telling me, i know
lol

120 on a snowmobile can be 2 different things whether you're sober or not.

we have a polaris 440xcr. it has studded scags and a studded track. that thing fucking whips.

my dad only buys parts for it from the dealer. snowmobiles dont really have a huge aftermarket like bikes and quads do.

Back