Snowpocalypse!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Here in Central NJ we got the 6"-8" they predicted. Slick stuff though, going to be real icy later.

A few friends in South NJ say they got 18"+. One friend even says he has 30". I was planning on heading down that way tonight, but I guess not.

MD tends to get 1-2" however if it really snows 4-6" Last time I remember getting a foot+ of snow was 2003

I just got in from digging out, I have a town house and it took me and linh 5 and 1/2 hours

Word on the street is anyone on the roads without a 4x4 will be ticketed if caught. I took a ride around and noticed that while our streets within the neighborhood are fine, the main streets still had around a foot of snow on them. I was pushing snow with the front of the trailblazer.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

9.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

12.jpg

13.jpg

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

That's alotta snow. i miss storms like that :( we haven't had a 2-3 footer in a couple years now. in fact,2-18-03 is the last good pic i have from good snow...

that's the mail box at my parents house.... lol

Attachments

• DSC00002.JPG
    DSC00002.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 169
Damn you guys got dumped on like we did last year.

Freaking sucks if you don't get your car bailed out in time. Mine had 4 feet around it.

Had a hell of a fight with the snow. Last night my gf was making a cake for her moms birthday. She needed shortening cause she was doing fondante, and so I had to run her to the store. Well my car got stuck in her driveway and I shoveled it out. But in doing so I started to have breathing trouble. Realizing that I left my inhaler at college, I needed to go borrow one off my aunt. Well I got there and there was one track going through about 8 inches of snow. Well my accord is a fucking tank in the snow, so I went for it. Got all the way back to my aunts apartment, and got my inhaler, got stuck turning around, so I literally fought for 45 min-hour trying to get back onto the tracks I was on. Finally I wound up sliding off the concrete and into a rut made by someone when the ground was thawed. The snow was piled up about 2 feet all the way to the right of my car, and I sunk down to my lug nuts in mud on my fp wheel. I was fucking stuck. So I called every tow truck company, and AAA was the one that said they could, in an hour or 2. Mind you this was 140 AM when I called and I'm still waiting for them to call me back telling me they're there to drag my car out. So I went out in the morning and shoveled out a path where the plow had piled the snow around my car and had a guy with a 4X4 chevy pull me out for 20 bucks. 70 less than AAA wanted, and hell of a lot faster. Now I'm beat to shit from shoveling for a net of about 2 hours, and my poor car needs a bath. I'm just glad I didn't bottom out. I had about 1/2 inch of clearance where I was stuck.

I really want to take a snowboarding trip up to TN, but Idk if I can pull it off. Btw, shorts and T-shirts for me. Started getting a bit chilly tonight, though. Was 70's all day and on the drive home it felt like mid-high 50's.

AAA tows? that's new to me. Did you call a tow company called AAA or did you call AAA and asked for a tow truck?

those pictures are amazing. i have never seen anything like that. most snow ive ever seen is 6-8" and i thought that was a lot.

now that i live back in south florida again, i forget what cold is even like :p

AAA has towed for as long as I can remember. Since I was a kid at least. I fly into Columbus this Friday. They MIGHT have that crap cleared up by then. Snow removal sucks in Ohio. Thats the one thing I can say I love about Chicago. Theyre used to it here.

I still kind of want to build a little kicker in my backyard. Wish I had something to use as a rail though.

I just shoveled for an hour and a half, TO GET A FUCKING HONDA FIT OUT OF THE PARKING SPACE.

thats nothing me and my brothers shoveled my whole driveway by hand. i WISH i only had to do one space lol. there is a wall 5-7 feet high surrounding the whole lot.

IMG_0049.JPG

IMG_0050.JPG

IMG_0051.JPG

IMG_0052.JPG

IMG_0053.JPG

IMG_0054.JPG

IMG_0055.JPG

Back