SnowX in RI on Jan 30th...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hosmer

I made the millionth post
VIP
Got this email yesterday:

Winter Auto/RallyX Jan 30 at Quonset Point!
Thaaaat's right kids. The fine folks at ADSI and SPAR Machine have concocted a winter rallyx/autox for the clinically insane at Quonset Point in Rhode Island.

SPAR Machine, of Pawtucket, RI, is hosting the event at the Advanced Driving & Security, Inc. facility at the old state airport in North Kingstown. This is set to be a mile-long course on an unused runway, with a little handbraking opportunity in a*snowy area thrown in for good measure.

The event is snow or shine. Ice or paved. Dirt or mud. Whatever Mother Nature delivers.

The event is set for Sunday, January 30, 2011, from 10 a.m. to approximately 4 p.m. (or until someone freezes solid, whichever comes first).

The $125 entry fee, (Cash at Door)*includes morning coffee and cocoa, and lunch. Grill-n-chill will be held on the ice and is courtesy of SPAR Machine.

While there is no shelter available other than your cozy car, there will be hobo-style 55-gallon drum fires to thaw out frozen limbs.

For more information, call ADSI at (401) 294-1600, or SPAR Machine at 726-0031.

...you get like 20+ runs and the courses are always a mile+ long

-I'm planning on going

truck isn't worth racing....

now if i had a GTiR, i'd be all over this.........

cut the vacuum line on the wastegate on the genny.. git r done!

boost isn't the issue.... i won't get down my driveway in the snow, let alone move on a snow track. Genny is parked until at least march 15th at this point.

d4816a27.jpg

958c8217.jpg

good times..shitload of people showed up

alot of Subaru vents/fog covers/brake ducts scattered throughout the course

-I just lost my tow hook cover (which I found later in the day)

I'd say the GTiR was the coolest one out there by far.

Lol at the 350 getting stuck.

Wish I was in the area and had something that was more fun to drive in snow.

Looks like it was a lot of fun. I would have loved to do something like this.

Back