so basically

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

98sleeper

Bitch Please
well i had a 98 acord vtech and totaled it and now i have a 94 eg hatch and i am tryna figure out what would be a good motor swap..i have a couple friends that gave me the gsr idea and i am curious if there are any more ideas i could go with???:(

you could go with an ls...pretty common swap but no vtech....just do some research first dont just jump into something thats where you get problems

There's plenty of motors that can go in there. What's your goals? What's the purpose of this car? What's your budget?

What are your goals for your car/build? Are you wanting to boost later on, go n/a or just make it quicker for now?

Damn you YB! I was a second too late in posting and forgot to ask what his budget was. :doh:

well at the moment i got some stuff to take care off and ima shoot for like 5 thou cuz its gonna cost me bout 1 thou for some stuff for my front end and then ima have about 4 thou or so for the motor swap etc.

Now that we have an idea of what your budget is, what are your horse power goals? Will you want to boost down the road or keep it n/a?

get a stock gsr if you can, keep it stock, toss on a clutch and shortram or cold air. accumulate your tuning solution and boost parts, weather you choose supercharger or turbo. then boost in 1 step. you might be limited to a b16 now, but that would be fine if you could nab a b20 block and build it up for the boost seperatly. putting the b16 head on the b20 block would yield lots of power in torque. get a decent clutch and maybe a new timing belt, while it's out of the car and such. just get all the parts that are universal to boost and na, like good motor mounts and coolant hoses and maybe a good radiator too while your at it. etc.

well i had a 98 acord VTEC totaled it and now i have a 94 eg hatch and i am tryna figure out what would be a good motor swap..i have a couple friends that gave me the gsr idea and i am curious if there are any more ideas i could go with???:(

:ufucktard:

you could go with an ls...pretty common swap but no vtech...

As a matter of fact, there isn't a single Honda engine produced with "vtech."

There are, however, some produced with VTEC. ;)

x2 on the GSR powerplant. Can't go wrong with it.

Yep, the B-series into the EGs are a pretty basic swap, and a stock GS-R in one with decent suspension will be a fun little car.

Back