So Britain left the EU

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Briansol

Admins
Admin
VIP
and the markets are crashing pretty good now.

This is pretty powerful for many political reasons. The fallout/legacy of this move will be felt for generations.

is this about a debt thing, or about an immigration thing?
i haven't been keeping up with the news stories on it but those are my 2 assumptions.
saw the dow is tanking.

a little of both.

basically, by being in it, they are subject to laws of the 'union' in terms of trade, tariffs, immigration, money, etc.
As one of the few power nations in the EU, they feel they are giving too much and getting to little in return, so they feel they can do better on their own outside. They will make their OWN laws that suit themselves, not the union which has been plagued by terrorism and financial problems.

I agree and think it was a smart move. There's a lot of turmoil right now in europe not just in greece or a few restricted places... it's basically everywhere. (remember the Spain top gear special?)

Good to see the stock market shit the bed. /sarcasm

lower pound, rising dollar = lower stock markets. USD and DJIA are inversely related.

i was actually surprised that it passed. i knew it would be close and stayed up watching the updates. i think the biggest kick was the resignation of the PM, not unexpected i know but def added to the turmoil. should be interesting to see how this plays out.

This is pretty rough. Really hurt my companies stock price. We don't export a lot from the UK but are a market leader there. This will also shake up europe's economy big time and that will hurt even more.

This is why you don't panic sell.

2016-07-08 10_36_13-MarketWatch_ Stock Market News - Financial News.png

yeah, today was pretty nuts. I had some cash sitting... i was waiting for more fall out but it looks like i missed the boat. Oh well, it will sit longer. i'm sure there's some selling to come.

Back