So-Cal, San Diego - Full GSR swap $2100

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Essenar

My loss is your gain. I couldn't get this running, got good compression across all 4 cylinders, spark and fuel, but I hit my cap for funds, didn't have the money to finish it.

It needs a GSR harness, a knock sensor, secondary wiring and an O2 sensor, along with an OBD1 intake manifold to get running.

All the theories that it would run fine without those parts were proven dead wrong in my experience. The fact that the engine has no leaks, no knocking, good compression all around and the timing was top notch and it wouldn't start is evidence. It didn't start under those conditions with either the P72 or the P28.

If you have even $400 you can finish this swap and be going fine, with my dream engine in your car.

$2100 for full motor swap
Includes mounts, ECU, distributor, motor, transmission, alternator, timing belt, shift linkage, intake/exhaust manifold and most sensors. Missing knock sensor and O2 sensor. Comes with original exhaust manifold (cracked) and Cheap Ebay header.

WHAT THE MOTOR IS MISSING:
Knock sensor
O2 Sensor
Actual GSR wire harness. (It has an EX harness on it and it doesn't work for this motor. I DID swap the fuel injector plugs)
Stock Intake, Stock exhaust manifold is cracked

What was NEWLY replaced:
Spark plugs
Distributor
Spark Plug cables
Timing Belt
Stabilizer bar
Block passage coolant pipe
All gaskets except head gasket

What the Motor Comes with:
OBD1 ECU
Shift Linkage
Both Axles
Full head
Shift Assembly
Mounts
Full block
Full transmission with healthy clutch

Who the motor came from:
Typerman2001 AKA Tom from Honda-tech.com
He was the last person to see this motor running. I ran a compression test on it and it showed healthy compression across all four. When Tom said it was running, he said it was just leaking water from the missing block passage coolant pipe, but he said it ran.

Pictures-
img0883rt8.jpg

img0882qq1.jpg

img0884lt5.jpg

img0881tu5.jpg

img0886cx8.jpg

img0887bz4.jpg

You will most likely have to pull the parts yourself, as I don't have a crane, but I'm trying to get in contact with a friend of mine to see if he'll bring his crane by my house so I can pull the motor apart myself. I will help pull it with you and help you load.

Rough idea on prices
I'd like to get at least $2100 for the full swap. This includes motor, transmission, ECU, intake/exhaust manifold, alternator, distributor, spark plugs, spark plug cables, throttle body, shift linkage and motor mounts. I'm pretty much firm on this price on the total package and if I part out, it won't be the head and block. Hand and block stay together.

The EX wire harness goes to whoever buys either of them first.

Located in 92243. Not willing to ship anything unless I sell the longblock and transmission, at THAT point I'll consider shipping out various components like ECU, shift linkage, etc.

CONTACT INFORMATION:
AIM : sonikemcee
MSN : shaded_flare@hotmail.com

NO LOWBALLERS, PROMISE MAKERS OR DREAMERS. HAVE CASH OR I WON'T HOLD ANYTHING. IF YOU'RE GETTING PAID NEXT WEEK, THAT'S FINE, CONTACT ME NEXT WEEK, DON'T WASTE MY TIME TODAY. I WON'T HOLD THE MOTOR WITHOUT A 50% DEPOSIT UP FRONT, AFTER 50% DEPOSIT IF YOU TAKE LONGER THAN 2 WEEKS TO PAY THE REST, I'LL AUTO SEND YOUR FUNDS BACK MINUS $75 FOR WASTING MY TIME AND POTENTIAL REAL BUYERS. SERIOUS OFFERS CONSIDERED, LOW BALL OFFERS ARE MET WITH AGGRESSION, IGNORE/BLOCK AND FUTURE BAD FEEDBACK.

Thank you for reading, and excuse my assertive attitude and bluntness, but I dumped 8 grand into a car that's at most worth 5 grand running and I didn't even get it running, so I'm a little pissed.

You can check with Honda-tech.com for whether I'm on the scammer list or not. I'm too tired to spend hours looking up people I sold stuff to to list my vouches here. Since this is a San Diego/So-Cal pick-up ONLY sale, I don't really think you have to worry about me flaking on delivery, since you have to pick it up yourself anyway.

Back