so... cali folks....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by sportlinecrx@Dec 23 2003, 03:02 AM
i didnt even feel it :p sucks for that town though. i heard they have these hot springs that run under the town and the caps they put on them years ago broke so the whole place smells like sulphur :puke:

yeah i didn't feel it, others around me did though lol...

lets see... Cali = Earthquakes, riots, and landslides

Middle America = Tornados, flash floods, and inbreeding

Florida = Hurricanes & Senior Citizens

Northeast = Blizzards & Ice Storms.

looks like you aren't safe wherever you live... :) But I'll take the blizzards... :)

Originally posted by ScrapinSi@Dec 23 2003, 01:40 PM
Middle America = Tornados, flash floods, and inbreeding

That depends on where you go. Ft wayne hasn't seen a tornado for 5-6 years, which is less time between earthquakes in Cali, also there's the fact that you can see a Tornado coming... ;)

Although the flooding was bad around the fuckin rivers on the south side of town last spring, it was minimal and easily controlled with sand bags...which are now being buried at the landfill... <_<

Inbreeding is only relevant in Kentucky. :)

I live about 50 miles from San Simeon. I was in pismo beach at my g/f's work when the earthquake started rolling. We were standing in the doorway just in case, watching the cars outside bob up and down on there shocks. It didn't hit too hard in pismo, I got home to find my bamboo plant knocked off my desk, a few cd cases had falllen of my bookcase, and my glider fell from the ceiling, but that was about it, no broken stuff. It was sweet feeling the ground roll under my feet, like a wave. Paso got hit hardest around here. A couple of buildings fell(they were old though), and killed a couple of women. My friend watched a car get pushed into a lightpole in front of his house.

I live in central cali and I felt it just a little. I was in bed and everything started moving back and forth. I thought it was just me changing spots in the bed but then it kept going. My CD stand almost fell over, and my mirror in my room was moving back and forth. I thought I was trippin. When it stopped I didnt think anything of it then I herd it on the news. 1st earthquake I have ever felt.

i was in the big one in san francisco and the last one out here in LA.

Originally posted by B16@Dec 23 2003, 10:34 AM
i don't know why people make such an issue of the earthquakes. i mean seriously, the last one that did anything (besides yesterday) was back in 89

Exactly. You're due for a big one. :(

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Dec 23 2003, 12:24 PM-->
Tonyd0821
@Dec 23 2003, 10:23 AM
Didnt feel it. Us beach folk really dont feel the earthquakes felt by the rest of the state.... :D

Don't you mean "We beach folk....", Mr. Grammar? :p :D

us city folk......we city folk....

us beach folk....we beach folk....

sounds'boutrightome inarednecksortaway:p

the only time I hate earthquakes is when they're too big to sleep thru and I have to get up out of bed to get under the doorway. damnit at 3 in the morning I'm too lazy to do that shit.

Back