So... CLOSE...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

kbb is off i think
from what i have seen the si's are running maybe 4 or 5k
but kbb is pretty low on hondas
like am ek hatch they say is worth 2000-2500, but in reality they got for 3000-3500 and more if its low mileage
there is one near me now, 96 cx, 113k miles, mint condition for $4995

Well for an EM1 average retail is $6,275 according to Autotrader. I have dings, scratches and shit all over my car. I rarely wash it because my driveway is stone and it just dusts over almost everyday. Might not be too hard to sell it for 4k.

KBB says
$5715 in excellent
$5290 in good
$4590 in fair

I'll have to seriously think about this, it's been such a great car though... 96000 miles and the only thing I can't get to stop is the dust guard on the rotor, and a the CEL for the first bank O2 to turn off.

Keep your car man.

Sell your tv, sell some of the other shit. Get a part time job delivering pizzas. It'll be a good car for a long long time and will save you lots of money if you keep driving it now that you paid it off. The maintenance will be pretty minimal since its a honda. Most of everything is very readily available and it won't decrease too much more from here on out, so you might as well drive it during the slowest decrease in value period.

selling the car is the easiest way to make the money I need to drop other debts. but then I'd have to find something else. I dunno... contemplating...

it's short sighted man.

put your hand guns on consignment at a shop, get a pizza delivery job, or do whatever. In 3 months when shit gets ironed out, you'll be fucking pissed you got rid of such a good thing man. esp with that low of miles.

after doing an oil change, twice. then noticing my exhaust hangers were broke, I want to keep it. I know its problems, what it needs and above all it's now all MINE.

why change the oil twice? did you do a flush?

Well, I didn't mean to. We went to change it and I'd put the drain plug back in, dumped in the four quarts, then put the old oil back in the container where we noticed the washer for the drain plug was still in it. Looked under the car and the new oil was slow dripping out of the plug screw. Fuck.

So I went and got four new quarts of oil and basically just flushed it.

So anyway, I want to keep it. It's a sexy bitch.

Attachments

• 11-6-10.jpg
    11-6-10.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 67
Can't go wrong with a car that is low maintenance, looks good, fun to drive, and FREE, relatively speaking.

Now I gotta start thinking about getting shit done on it. The entire driver door seal needs replaced, then I can fix the door handle that has been broken for almost two years.

Then some somewhat bigger things like a transmission fluid flush, coolant flush, etc.

Transmission and coolant flush is easier than the door seal and door handle... lol. all of those are quite easy to do on your own.

I know. in my brain bigger=more important

annnnnnnnnnd my title arrived today, with an old address on it. but at least it's in my hands now.

Back